Very short Two Bros FZ6R clips

MNDZA

Not good quality, but I wanted to post something at least....I uploaded them directly from my new iPhone....I love that feature.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEQ-PV0HUjE]YouTube - FZ6R Two Bros Exhaust[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAsmxa_-Mz4]YouTube - FZ6R Two Bros Exhaust Startup[/ame]

MNDZA

Install took 2.5 hours, but should take less than 2 hours if you don't do what I did.....do things out of order and forget to put certain parts on. I like it, but I hope I get used to how loud it is...I feel so obnoxious riding around....maybe I'm just not used to it.

btastarsky

You may think it sounds too loud right now, but I think that it sounds far better than the agitated weed whacker sound from the stock exhaust.

Now, if only we could find some people with the arrow, m4, and scorpion exhausts to post their vids so that everyone could compare them and figure out which one they like best.

In case anyone is interested, I got a part number from Scorpion for their fz6r system. It's EYA84. Good luck finding it tho, i've searched for 2 days now and cant find it anywhere on the web. Guess I'll go back to the dealer and ask them.

phantomxc

I just don't think you know how quiet our bikes are. I had my brother driving my bike in a school parking lot and he was really gassing it up, I was completely surprised as I could barely hear him from the other side.

I've floored my bike like 150 yards before a cop was sitting on a side road. He was looking the other way and as I slammed on the brakes right in front of him his head didn't even turn. That's a quiet bike.

I WANT THAT EXHAUST SOOOO BAD!!! I did just get promoted today...hehehe

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Don't you just love it!?! :rockon:

Don't worry about it sounding obnoxious. I have tried to turn heads with the exhaust and either people are too oblivious to their surroundings, or it's not as loud as we think it is. I started the bike and walked to the end of my driveway and could only here a low rumble. So I really don't think we need to worry about irritating anyone unless we are flying down quiet streets at midnight around 12,000 rpm's. :thumbup:

fz6rwolf

I had straight pipes on a 1300 v-twin and even then you can be quiet if you try to be going down suburban streets in a higher gear than normal if say going to work at 6am. From the clips folks have posted thus far it's not that loud unless you eally gun it.

MNDZA

UPDATE: I just put on my P-Tip and it made a huge difference. Now it sounds perfect and I can handle it without bursting my eardrums....and I don't feel like an ass in my neighborhood. Who knew 4-5 decibels could make such a big difference?

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
UPDATE: I just put on my P-Tip and it made a huge difference. Now it sounds perfect and I can handle it without bursting my eardrums....and I don't feel like an ass in my neighborhood. Who knew 4-5 decibels could make such a big difference?
Can you put up some before and after videos so the rest of us can hear the difference and see if it's something we want to do as well??

Thanks!

MNDZA

I took before and after vids, but you can't tell the difference with them. Trust me though, it makes a very noticeable difference. I tested it around the block with NO helmet and it was more quiet than without the p-tip WITH a helmet on. It sounds perfect now.

B

blaxx

Can you put up some before and after videos so the rest of us can hear the difference and see if it's something we want to do as well??

Thanks!
Ditto. Take it out and vid it, then reinstall and vid it. Pretty please. :D

MNDZA

Ditto. Take it out and vid it, then reinstall and vid it. Pretty please. :D
See post 10 haha. I tried it and you can't tell the difference at all in the video, but it really did make a noticeable difference.

unleased1287

every where i go i turn heads with it i have a friend that has a cbr f4 and his is no where as loud as mine and when i ride in front of him he cant hear anything but my exhaust he is so jealous of it every one is just use to seeing rockets being loud and pay no attention to them. i have past cops in 3rd gear 6-7k rpm and they don't even bother had them right behind me at lights too they still do nothing. the only reason i would buy the power tip is to pass inspection but there r so many places here that will pass it knowing it don't have baffles i don't think i will waste the thirty bucks i love the way it sounds i feel safer on the road too knowing that other vehicles can hear me and know that im there.

nate