Verranth's Mods

Verranth

I got some pics of my mods. So far, the only really big one is the FE from Targa. Enjoy.

nc_fz6r

Looks great so far. Bye the way.. what's that stuck on the inside of your windscreen? Kind of looks like a sticky-note pad.

xXMotoSniperXx

Nice FE Kit. I order mine a few days ago from Targa. Its a all LED kit with clear lens and amber LED's.

Verranth

Looks great so far. Bye the way.. what's that stuck on the inside of your windscreen? Kind of looks like a sticky-note pad.
Its the Speed Pass for the toll road. :)

Verranth

Here are some pics of the LEDs at night.

I think it will look a lot better once I get the flush mount turn signals.

Until then, here are some pics of this VERY easy mod.

Roaddawg

Here are some pics of the LEDs at night.

I think it will look a lot better once I get the flush mount turn signals.

Until then, here are some pics of this VERY easy mod.
What's the LED mod? LED bulbs in the front turn signals? You didn't mention the lights being modded.

Verranth

What's the LED mod? LED bulbs in the front turn signals? You didn't mention the lights being modded.
Heh, maybe I should put more blue LEDs in the airscoop. I was just too scared about getting pulled over. The LED mod was the tiny blue thing between the blazing beacons (the running lights from the turn signals).

I dont remember who on here had the flush mounts and wanted to make the air scoops into turn signals...(by putting lights in them that flash with turn signals. When I get my flush mounts, if I need more of a forward facing turn signal, I will probably go a different route. I saw some turn signals that go under the plastic up front. Its like and LED strip of amber lights, but they face completely forward. Their low profile should make them look sweet and (hopefully) wont drown the blue LEDs in the airscoops. Again, I'll post pics of it all when I get the parts.

Last edited:

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
If you are looking for forward facing signal lights once you get the flush mounts, consider putting some amber pod lights in the upper corners of the headlight housing. See the attached picture for where I am talking about.

Verranth

If you are looking for forward facing signal lights once you get the flush mounts, consider putting some amber pod lights in the upper corners of the headlight housing. See the attached picture for where I am talking about.
Thats not a bad idea, but I am a bit lazy and dont want to drill holes for the wires. By putting them lower, I can just run wires right into the harness without any problems.

See the pic for what I'm planning.

Another thought I had was to get new mirrors with LED turn signals on the back. That would be my preffered option.

Last edited:

JonKerr

Elite Member

Verranth

Were you just going to splice the wires for the forward facing LED signals into the stock wiring for the flush mounts? I was thinking that if I do flush mounts when I get my bike that I'd like to do this too. (Cops in California like to pick apart sport bikes from what I've been told.) I think having a second set of forward turn signals would probably keep it from becoming a problem.
Well, since I put the LED lights in the air scoops, I already have access to those wires. I put in a butt splice so that its clearner to remove if I ever had take out the mods. I made a small wire with a male connector in the end and the other end is part of the butt splice and acts like a new harness of sorts. This way, I can group whatever wires I need and crimp them all into a female connector. Plug and play baby, plug and play =).

So, when I put any other turn signal lights, I will just use that. AND, because the original connector is still working, I can just plug the flush mounts signals right into the factory connectors. For any additions, I'll just use my own connector. :thumbup:

I should take pictures of this, just in case my narration is hard to understand; not to mention that a pic is worth 1K words. (it's actually more, if you know about bits and words and the size of picture files. :rof:)