Use GSXR750 Yoshimura full sys exhaust for our bike

Rowville-biker

I'm everyone, i know that Yoshi dun make exhaust for our bike :spank: but i would like to know from someone experienced like Marthy ;) who may know whether the Yoshi full sys exhaust can fit in our bike without any mod:rolleyes:? If we do have to modify it, what methods we need to do:banghead:? Please give me some advise.:cool:

Attachments

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

Rowville-biker

Great info, thanx alot for your advise.
I still have a few more questions though;)
1. So after i do the mod and success to fit it to the bike, Does the bike gain any performance and sound? :Sport:
2. Do you know anyone in this forum has done this mod before?

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

TokenSSDD

Great info, thanx alot for your advise.
I still have a few more questions though;)
1. So after i do the mod and success to fit it to the bike, Does the bike gain any performance and sound? :Sport:
2. Do you know anyone in this forum has done this mod before?
Sound, yes. What you would be essentially doing is going from headers straight to the sip on with just piping, which is going to naturally be much louder. Performance gains wouldn't be too noticeable until you JB/PCV it and get it dyno'd. Ask Kevin8198 what happened when he got his dialed in...

There are a few different people that have used other aftermarket systems to custom make their exhausts. You'll have to search for it though as the names escape my memory at the moment.

Edit: Links added.
http://www.600cc.org/forum/f89/marthy-delkevic-exhaust-25368/
http://www.600cc.org/forum/f89/made-custom-exhaust-24912/
http://www.600cc.org/forum/f89/custom-exhaust-24736/
http://www.600cc.org/forum/f89/another-r6-header-marthy-made-21309/

Personally I would say go to Marthy. Price + worksmanship + fan club t-shirt = can't be beat.

Last edited:

Rowville-biker

I've done a few research about TBR system, they sound great to me. Therefore i will go for it instead of trying somethings new that may ruin my stock one.
I've gone through this website https://store.58cycle.com/product_p/two bro full fz6r 09.htm the exhaust is quite cheap compared to ebay, but the international shipping fee is way too much (>$300 ship to Australia while only >$55 on ebay:confused:). please fix me if i'm wrong.

I'm still looking for some other supplier who may offer better deal than 58cycle and ebay. Please point me some suggestions. :)

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

Rowville-biker

Sound, yes. What you would be essentially doing is going from headers straight to the sip on with just piping, which is going to naturally be much louder. Performance gains wouldn't be too noticeable until you JB/PCV it and get it dyno'd. Ask Kevin8198 what happened when he got his dialed in...

There are a few different people that have used other aftermarket systems to custom make their exhausts. You'll have to search for it though as the names escape my memory at the moment.
thanks mate, so the problem is the piping of yoshi sys can't fit in our bike:banghead:. I'll definitely do this mod if i can buy a cheap second hand stock. love the way yoshi exhaust hanging out looks way so sexy:cool:.

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

CDN6R

Why ruin the look of our bike with a side exhaust?

Why try to modify the exhaust with something that won't fit when you can work with a marthy or two brothers?

Why buy an exhaust for a gsxr and force fit it?
Well honestly I love this exhaust. To be it looks like a traditional race style pipe. Everyone has a T.Bros exhaust,,this is different and it will fit the FZ6R.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKVL8KxgVmM]XJ6 TERMIGNONI MOD. - LA GENESI - YouTube[/ame]

Part number Y089

djf18374

This bike looks familiar...didn't a guy just post up as a "new member" with his fightered 6R that looks identical?? Different exhaust though. Hmmm, weird coincidence :confused:

linkgt

OP!! Listen up!

I bought an exhaust that would normally fit a Ninja 650.. and it fit my bike perfectly. I know i've been telling people this on the forum but I have no pics! il try to post today.

My dad's a welder so it only took him 2 days and that's because we didn't have equipment at home.

You're going to have to buy a 2-1 collector, weld that to the headers(after you cut the old exhaust...) and then cut the S-pipe that the TBR slip on brings and weld it to the collector... it wont be a hard thing to do for a welder with experience. If you do this, just make sure the clearance is fine with the exahust/ wheel and everything else. You're going to have to make you're own mounting bracket for the pipe( its already secured with the welds but recommend doing anyway.

This is the link Marthy gave me to buy the collector. I bought this one:

2-1 Collector, 1.88" Inlets, 2.00" Outlet, Stainless Steel Columbia River Mandrel Bending

You can probably get away with a 1.88" outlet too since the TBR tube is just a bit smaller than 2.00"

Anyway, I'll post picture of my setup today after I get home from work and post so you can see the end result. Again, I used a Ninja 650's exhaust(which is on that 58 cycle site too!) since it resembled the fz6r's the most and I think the exhaust is about the same size too as the fz6r's.

sounds amazing and I actually felt the performance gain. I have a +1 sprocket up front and before it was sluggish... now it feels almost like stock again! cant wait for PCV...

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

linkgt

I wouldn't call that a perfect fit, I would call that a make it fit. Looks good though.
LOL well yea... i couldn't really go to dealers and see which exhaust would be more cylindrical shaped(i asked here but no luck So just went with 650 going by pictures..). The 650 tip looks more wide compared to the fz6r's. I could push it a little more to the inside too or have my dad cut tube more and re-weld for a more perfect fit, but it looks good to way it is. On the plus side, everything came up to be 400 dollars.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member