Turned my 6R into a dual sport today

Ricenoodle

Go easy on them corners man, accelerate out of the the turn, glad you and the bike are ok though, at least there weren't any traffic.

Rich007

Good catch on that one and you are hear to live and learn.

I was on a ride yesterday with a group and some dude that just bought a bike the day before lowsided in a corner right in front of me and I didn't bring my gopro on that ride. Lucky for him he had some good gear and insurance, today he is really soar.

FastFreddy

Wow lucky, that's close, better to be a wild dual sport ride than hitting the wall.

Take it easy.

I suppose you can laugh now at the video. No wonder bike riders get superstitious over time.

BKP

Glad it turned out okay.
Counter steering, and target fixation...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

bmw675

Glad you made it out alright. I'd rather learn from a mistake with that outcome than from crashing.

Glad it turned out okay.
Counter steering, and target fixation...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
+1 and body position. That curve didn't require near the angle you were leaning the bike. I'm not saying hang of Marquez style, but I'd venture a guess you were not even in a neutral position.

Riccochet

Looks like OP hit the early apex of the turn and turned in way too early which caused a wide departure angle.

Glad you're ok! Sucks when that happens!

Pinarello Rider

Looks like OP hit the early apex of the turn and turned in way too early which caused a wide departure angle.

Glad you're ok! Sucks when that happens!
I remember a warning I received during my first track day at VIR a few years ago. "Early in, early out".

OP - thanks for posting this. You're opening yourself up to a lot of Monday morning quarterbacking. From a learning standpoint - what struck me as odd was the OP seemed to lean the bike, but not the body. Almost like you didn't commit to the turn. What happened?

Last edited:

Kaizen

I remember a warning I received during my first track day at VIR a few years ago. "Early in, early out".

OP - thanks for posting this. You're opening yourself up to a lot of Monday morning quarterbacking. From a learning standpoint - what struck me as odd was the OP seemed to lean the bike, but not the body. Almost like you didn't commit to the turn. What happened?
I didn't have my head in the right place going into the turn. I'm a new rider and usually I use a mental checklist of what I've learned so far as I go into corners. After riding ~3.5 hours I had a mental lapse. My eyes weren't looking ahead enough and I took a bad line, and after I crossed the center line I target fixated on the shoulder. My body position was leaning to the right, but I was still pretty much on my seat and obviously that had an impact on my turn as well.

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member