Turn Signal Flash Rate Different Left vs Right

Just bought a used 2014 FZ6R last week and on the way home with it I realized the right turn signal flashes at a very fast rate and the left turn signal flashes at what I would say is a more normal rate. All turn signals are stock units. All bulbs appear to be working and I pulled the bulbs out of both right signals to confirm they were correct wattage, etc. Everything looked good. I was told that if a relay was bad then both sides would flash at the faster rate. Any thoughts on what else could cause this condition?

mike

Just bought a used 2014 FZ6R last week and on the way home with it I realized the right turn signal flashes at a very fast rate and the left turn signal flashes at what I would say is a more normal rate. All turn signals are stock units. All bulbs appear to be working and I pulled the bulbs out of both right signals to confirm they were correct wattage, etc. Everything looked good. I was told that if a relay was bad then both sides would flash at the faster rate. Any thoughts on what else could cause this condition?
The turn signal flasher works on resistance. First thing to do would be to check all connections where the lights plug in for corrosion if the bike was stored out side this could be a factor. The rear turn signal connect under the seat you might have to remove rear fairing to access connectors they will be on the right side.(sitting on the bike) The front signals connect behind the fairing and can be accessed with out removing fairing. Should be 1 grey and 1 black connector. Also the bulb filament could have high resistance you might want to try swapping the bulbs to the opposite side to see if the problem goes to the other side, if it does just replace bulbs. Good luck!

Swapped bulbs to opposite side and problem did not move with bulb swap. Have to check connections another time.

^^ well said.

if this persists, you may opt to measure the resistance of the switch itself. If the switch is dirty, left to right contact, this could induce this issue also.

With the turn signal fuse out and the relay out, Insert one test lead from your ohm meter into the relay socket (50/50 chance its proper side), and the other lead into the LEFT SIGNAL LAMP Connector at the fairing.

Flip switch to LEFT and measure OHMS using lowest setting on OHM meter 5, 10 20 ohms etc.

Repeat on other side flipping switch to RIGHT.

In the ideal world, both should be an ohm or less. i.e. 0.5ohms or so.

While you have the fairing connector apart, measure from connector Ground to battery Neg (-) or chassis ground (exposed SS bolt etc). Both values left to right should be the same and something less than an ohm.

Zgovitz

Same Issue Before

Probably not the same problem because I am assuming you aren't quite as dumb as me :) lol. But I have this problem after I put in flush mounts and couldn't for the life of me figure out the problem. I tried different relays etc. I noticed too I would get shocked when I pulled in the clutch too for a couple days. Finally I investigated further to find out my ignorant self had connected the right side lights up wrong. The gray ports that connect the lights to the bike with three different prongs were not correct. Blinkers still worked, but one side was faster.

Finally had a chance to do more checking and found the connector on bike harness was damaged and previous owner apparently did same thing as Zgovitz. Once I got the connectors oriented correctly I found the flashers worked intermittently...sometimes fast, sometimes normal speed and sometimes not at all. So, I picked up a set of 3-pin weatherproof connectors, replaced the OEM connectors and now all is well. Thanks for everyone's replies.