Triple tree stand??

6R Blackout

I have a set of T-Rex stands both front and rear, I have the spools for the rear and my rear stand works WONDERFUL! I also have the front triple tree stand, but for some reason it is not working properly, when I insert the pin and raise the front end it goes up and holds the bike up as it should but I noticed it was not holding the bike all the way by the pin under the triple by itself it was in the whole but the bike was also resting on the bottom part of the light!

Is this correct?
Is the pin the wrong size allowing it to slip out of the whole a bit?
Does anyone else have this problem or had this problem with there front triple stand?

Please I need some answers and help!
Many thanks to all in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 6R Blacout

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

6R Blackout

Yeah I posted from my phone and it didnt show it posted on my phone so now I am trying to delete one post from my laptop, sorry for the double up on th post. I will try and put pics up tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 6R Blacout

WeatherB

Reviving this old thread as I have the same issue!

I too found that when you lift the bike using a front triple tree stand, that the bike is actually being lifted by the nose of the bike (directly underneath the headlight) and the horn mount.

Something tells me that we need to remove the front fairing and the horn mount to use a front triple tree stand correctly on our bike.

Anyone confirm?

kvc25

Make sure that the pin is fully seating into the hole. Sometimes when I slide it in and it's not all the way in correctly, when I go to lift the front end, it lifts the bike up by the headlight. Just maneuver the stand in there so it's directly underneath and it should lift up, with maybe the only part making contact with the stand being the horn bracket

Last edited:

Michael Wilson

I would personally just use a scissor style jack. I've seen too many disasters with triple tree stands. Not to mention in my opinion they are pointless because they get in the way of wany front end work you may be doing.