Traded her in-FZ6R to GSXR 600

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

linkgt

After all the hassel I wouldn't give them another cent! Don't you already have a manufacturer's warranty?
THIS, dont waste any more money on Warranties or tire warranties, etc. Thats how they got me and i regret it. so yea.. dont do it!

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

danieljardim

Update - bike still isn't ready and dealer appears to be playing games or is flat out incompetent.

May 4 - I signed the contract and gave a $500 non-refundable deposit. Agreed to the bike "as is" + a lowering link which was written on the contract and was to be installed prior to delivery (so I can drive it home).

May 10 - Called the sales rep because I didn't hear from him all week and whether the bike was prepped or not and ready for delivery. He says it's prepped and ready.

May 11 - Pouring rain, decided not to go to the dealer to take delivery.

May 15 - Text sales rep to confirm that the bike is lowered in preparation of taking delivery the next day. He doesn't think any lowering link was written on the contract. Says he will double check at 2:30pm but I don't hear back from him the rest of the day.

May 16 - Denies the link was on the contract. After some back and forth, says he had the wrong stock number and agrees the lowering link is included in price. He tells me that I was supposed to tell them which lowering link to order and have them install. I call BS, he talks to his manager/svc department and they order it and say it should arrive Tuesday or Wednesday, the week of the 20th.

He tells me I can pick up the bike and come back in a week or two to have the link installed, but I tell him that this would be counter-intuitive.

Today - I receive a bill from Amex for my non-refundable deposit of $500.

I'll give it till tomorrow or Thursday, but now i'm wondering if I can cancel the contract and dispute my deposit, with hopefully no impact to my credit report. Maybe i'm impatient but i'm completely turned off with how long this is taking. What do you guys think?

Rishi
As far as i Know it's illegal to take non refundable deposits unless is a special order vehicle, If it's a stock unit they cannot do that. (may be wrong thou, not 100% sure)

danieljardim

After all the hassel I wouldn't give them another cent! Don't you already have a manufacturer's warranty?
Don't do it. AS per NJ law vehicle under certain mileage and age pre owned have a 30-90 day warranty. (most of the dealers dont disclaim that)

I know for cars, any cars, less than 3 years 36k miles = 90 days
5-50k miles = 60 days
less 75k miles = 30 days power train.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

Fzara2000

Just signed all paper work. They initially tried having me pay an ADDITIONAL $150 because they didn't test drive the bike and noticed the bikes seat was shAved...

Detrich

If the deposit was via AMEX they are screwed. AMEX protects its customers from BS merchants dish out.

Congrats everything worked out! :)

Fzara2000

Becore i took it out on the road i practiced the clutch for 5 minutes in the parking lot, actually stalled twice lol. Just got home safe.

Why does my back hurt so much, omg. 20 miles and I'm in pain! And full leathers + 88 degrees + humidity sucks by the way.

Bike is loud and has too much power, lol, so glad I didn't get a 750!

Detrich

Congrats. :) U actually have to change/ modify your riding position when moving up to a SS. You'll get used to it soon.

It requires that you relax your upper body & ur arms, keep your head slightly lower, grip the bike with your thighs, and support your torso with ur abs.

If you are getting back pain while riding then that means u aren't yet using the proper form. Practice makes perfect. :)

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member