Touring windscreen alternatives

bobski

It's starting to feel like there might not be enough committments for Marthy to build another batch of his great 22" touring windscreens. Anyone got a recommendation for the next best alternative for a 'touring dimension' (i.e. not the double bubble etc.) screen for the FZ6R? I'd like to get one on order somewhere.

qnoisx

I have a Madstad adjustable windshield. I do like the adjustable part, but it is kinda a pain to get it just right. There are 8 adjustment bolts that have to be tightened and loosened and not much room to do so between the shield and the mounting plate. I took the windshield off to adjust the brackets easier and now one of the 4 bolts that hold it on won't screw back in. Probably because it's not lined up properly. Would be better if the 2 brackets were connected so they don't move independently.

Oh and the windshield seems to get scratched up every time I clean it. Doesn't seem to matter what I use to do it. Maybe the bug bodies act as sand paper. But the stock windshield didn't seem to have that problem.

As a touring windshield though, it works pretty well. Just get it set where you want it and leave it. Er..and hope there aren't tons of bugs, because cleaning it is risky.

raybob

It's starting to feel like there might not be enough committments for Marthy to build another batch of his great 22" touring windscreens. Anyone got a recommendation for the next best alternative for a 'touring dimension' (i.e. not the double bubble etc.) screen for the FZ6R? I'd like to get one on order somewhere.
I've got a Marthy shield still in the box. Tried to mount it twice and guess I just wasn't doing it right (well nuts kept popping out). Will send it back to Marthy this week - y'all can harass him for it!

Bob