Top Case on the cheap

thepod

Since there is no rear rack available for the FZ6R as of yet, I decided to make a quick and dirty mount for a top case.

The top case is itself is a JC Whitney cheapo model - $90 or so.
I bought an extra seat from the dealer $160 (actually negotiated into the selling price).

...and did this

http://picasaweb.google.com/Adam.Mirarchi/FZ6R?authkey=Gv1sRgCM-Xtqm26vTVXg&feat=directlink

It fits pretty solidly. Took me about 1 hour to do. Can't take credit for the idea, cause I've seen it done before, but it is easy and should do in a pinch. All the bolts and mounting hardware comes with the case, so really all you have to do is line things up and drill. On the plus side, if you don't want the top case or the mounting plate on at all, you can just swap out for a different rear seat.

C

CrazyBiker

Cool! :thumbup: If you waited for a while, you could get that seat cheap from members who swap theirs to aftermarkets. Infact Ron Ayers could have this for much cheaper.

Yone

Since there is no rear rack available for the FZ6R as of yet, I decided to make a quick and dirty mount for a top case.

The top case is itself is a JC Whitney cheapo model - $90 or so.
I bought an extra seat from the dealer $160 (actually negotiated into the selling price).

...and did this

Picasa Web Albums - Adam - FZ6R

It fits pretty solidly. Took me about 1 hour to do. Can't take credit for the idea, cause I've seen it done before, but it is easy and should do in a pinch. All the bolts and mounting hardware comes with the case, so really all you have to do is line things up and drill. On the plus side, if you don't want the top case or the mounting plate on at all, you can just swap out for a different rear seat.
Good work! Looks professionally done.

matt_not_andrew

I've got the GIVI top rack and side cases - wasn't cheap but very functional for carrying loads. I haven't got the top box installed in thie picture but you get the idea.

I take it from your seat setup you don't carry passengers often?