too all the beer drinkers!

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member
I'm not sure how many of you read my blogs, but i have recently started brewing my own beers. I am a AHA ( American home brewers association) member, i support local businesses, local farms, local breweries, home, micro or craft. i have never really been much of a Busch fan, however after reading this article i had much more respect for how the Busch family took care of business.

if your an american beer drinker, or even a beer drinker in general i believe you should read this article. the new owner of Anhueser Busch literally plans to take over the beer world as we know it, and he doesn't seem to care about how consumers feel about the change in product or management.

the american beer you thought was all american, is not. the import beer you thought was brewed in Mexico, or Germany with quality ingredients is not.

to all those who drink craft beer, home brew or are passionate about beer period...cheers!

The Plot to Destroy America's Beer - Businessweek
Quit drinking, smoke herbs... You know they are modifying our foods, what made you think they would stay away from beer? Herb is just a plant, it just grows like that. And if you happen to set it on fire...... There are some effects...

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

FastFreddy

Fact : It was beer that started civilisation and spread culture.

If it wasn't for beer, you'd still be running around in a loin clothe, the fact I sometimes drink beer at night while in a loin clothe is beside the point. (It's been hot at night lately here) (joke)

Regarding Becks, I assumed it was crap due to the high level of marketing, same as Heineken, then when I actually tried them, I thought "hmmm, its not all marketing hype, these are really good beers". The image seemed over hyped to me, which to my error I assumed was therefore under-substanced.
Turns out the beer did taste great with quality ingredients.

I thought Budweiser was a good beer.

After skimming thru that article, its the same in every industry, screw suppliers, screw consumers, charge more for less. What's next poison in baby milk ? (where is the world heading?)

In Australia, the "beer marketers" here have introduced these "European" style bottles (ie : smaller bottles)
Then the govt went big on alcohol tax, both state and federal. (Beer from $12 to $18 a six pack in a short time. Jim Beam went from $15 to $25 a six pack)
Then the Japanese bought all the producers in the region.
Then the NT govt banned alcohol in Aboriginal communities (well she was a card carrying member of the commie party at Uni).

Alcohol industry is big, big finance, govt lobby groups, govt tax grabs, religious groups attacking it, state govts regulating it, govt funded groups against it lobbying for more money to attack it every year, no wonder.

Mental note to self : Never stand between a politician, an alcohol lobby group, a think-tank recommended report and a bag of money.

Personally, I think Rednecks should claim moonshine as their cultural heritage and any attempt to regulate it would be akin to banning turbans or breastfeeding in public.

Last edited:

FastFreddy

I wish my family had of got the Royal approval to make Whisky.
Anyone else would be sent to Australia or NZ or the Carolinas if they made whisky without the Crown Corp approval.