Tire sliding feeling?

obie

So every once and a while when I'm leaning the bike over when going through a sweeping turn, the rear tire feels like it is sliding underneath me from side to side. I'm not knee dragging or leaning over too much. Anyone else experience this or can tell me what it is?

richierich781

Might want to check your rear wheel alignment. I experienced this my previous bike and after re-aligning it, it went away. You also might want to check your tire pressure, do this first, if its fine then check your alignment.

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

ajcatx

Tar Snake

It could possible be tar snakes (tar used to repair cracks in the road)in the road as well...one of the roads I ride by my house has a ton of them and you get that little slippery feeling if you hit one in a turn.

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

obie

Good to hear others have experienced this.. At first I thought I was just making this feeling up. It has probably happened to me 2-3 times in 775 miles.. So is the tire actually sliding? Could this cause me to low side?

ajcatx

tar snake

I try to avoid them as much as possible...here is texas when it gets hot they can cause a real uneasy feeling when your tire hits them.