these flush mounts????

Sirthomas33

I just recently bought some flush mounts for my blue 09 fz6r and as you know the stock light has 3 wires green blue and black well these flush mounts only have 2 wires black and yellow anyone know what to do with it? what connects to what

JSP

Super Moderator
The stock signals have the extra wire so they work as "running lights" Most aftermarket ones do not have that "feature". So you will only hook up the two.

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member
F

FZ6R_Blue

How would the protons hook up to the stock wires? Front Flush mounts

i keep getting confused and i want to make sure i do it right.
Proton wire= Yellow Red Orange Black
Stock = Blue Brown Black

I'm assuming the blue is running light, the brown is the "turn" itself and the black is ground.

F

FZ6R_Blue

black(fm)-Black stock
Red(fm)-Brown?
then for strobe
yellow-blue?

Is this correct?

MikeN02

Seems about right. All you need to really worry about is the ground which is usually black.

If you cross the running light and the turn signal wire itself the worst that would happen is the turn signals won't blink and you'd have to rewire them.

Now... if you crossed the positive wire with the ground, that would blow a fuse.

F

FZ6R_Blue

ok so anyone know how these bullet connectors work? do you just feed the wire in from both sides and pinch it with a pliers or what?

MikeN02

This is what i'm having trouble with. i cant find anything on how to use these connectors
Ah crimps. Their okay to use. You insert the wires on each end.

---- ( ) -------

Then clamp down the "crimp" so the wires lock in there and you can't pull them out.

F

FZ6R_Blue

thanks mike!
so just use a standard wire stripper/cutter/crimper for basically the whole thing right?

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

MikeN02

I love wiring. This is what I use:

I use these to crimp, because you can crimp with the front. Stripping the wire sucks with these:

Performance Tool W190C Wire Crimper and Stripper Tool

This is what I use to strip wires, because it is a superior stripping tool. It will strip any size wire, no adjustments needed. It can crimp, but it is awkward because you have to crimp between the grips.

Those connectors you have there are actually waterproof. The transparent color tips you off to that. Basically, crimp your wires in there, and then use a lighter, aim-n-flame, or heat gun and heat it up, and it will shrink to the wire creating a water tight seal. Happy wiring!!

RadioShack® Heavy-Duty Automatic Wire Cutter/Stripper - RadioShack.com
This. They're good for crimping but the wire stripper sucks on them. Didn't know about heating them up to seal it! I just wrapped electrical tape around it to make it water-proof.

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

krzysiopl

When i did my protons, i kinda had the same problem. Only way to find out is to cut the old ones off...strip the wires and try...its not gonna burn anything, voltage is too low...didnt burn mine so it shouldnt burn yours.

Last edited:

AnTy

Just finished installing my Protons. Thanks to the info everyone put in this thread. I will post pics later.

See red

OK, maybe I am stoooopid or something, but why flush mounts instead of something like what I have? running lights, visible from the front, and no stemage...

Just a question. :confused: