The time has come today. RIP

calltrex

Had to upgrade and end my FZ6R life today. Was a good girl and great bike but started to feel limited with it. Wouldnt attempt to go a long trip with it. was great for any short trips.

Wanted to get a adventure bike that can go anywhere. I will mainly be on pavement but can go on dirt or gravel if i want no problem. Its so comfy. Windscreen slides up if u want. More power and top speed is the same as my FZ6R.

Picked this up this morning..

2010 Suzuki V Strom Touring Edition with ABS and removable locking luggage.

Attachments

MikeN02

Had to upgrade and end my FZ6R life today. Was a good girl and great bike but started to feel limited with it. Wouldnt attempt to go a long trip with it. was great for any short trips.

Wanted to get a adventure bike that can go anywhere. I will mainly be on pavement but can go on dirt or gravel if i want no problem. Its so comfy. Windscreen slides up if u want. More power and top speed is the same as my FZ6R.

Picked this up this morning..

2010 Suzuki V Strom Touring Edition with ABS and removable locking luggage.
First thought was you were upgrading to a supersport! But congrats!

joloy133

Did you trade-in your bike? There was a thought on resale value in another thread, dealer vs private, and with what mods, etc. If it's not to much to ask what you were able to get in trade price? thanks

calltrex

supersports are over rated. uncomfortable. glad i never bought one. its just a cool factor why most people buy them in the first place.

Traded my FZ6R in

I cant tell u guys that the value is going to drop a lot on them. I think they are discontinued for next yr. In 1 month yamaha has a special price for dealers on them so they can get rid of the FZ6R stock.

Last edited:

fz6rwolf

1st I've heard about being discontinued?. FZ6 being discontinued I know.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

FitZ6R

My main riding bud is a big (in several senses) V-Strom guy. At about 6'4", he says it's one of a small handfull of bikes that fit him. At about 5' and a half, I find it terrifyingly huge. :eek: His is a 1000, but he's thought about trading to a 650 to get ABS. Performance-wise, the 1000 has a clear advantage over the FZ6R... on straight roads.

I assume you already know about the StromTrooper forum. There's also a big Vee following on ADVrider. Best of luck!!

JSP

Super Moderator
supersports are over rated. uncomfortable. glad i never bought one. its just a cool factor why most people buy them in the first place.

Traded my FZ6R in

I cant tell u guys that the value is going to drop a lot on them. First they are discontinued. In 1 month yamaha has a special price for dealers on them so they can get rid of the FZ6R stock.
I hope they didnt rake you on the trade in with that line.... FZ6 is discontinued, not the FZ6R. How much they give you for trade in?

CDN6R

Wouldnt attempt to go a long trip with it. was great for any short trips.

May I ask why the above statement? I find the FZ6R very comphy and I feel that a couple of it's strong points are the up right seating position along with a full fairing. Back in 1983 I rode a new RZ 350 from here(Nova Scotia Canada) to Maine, New Hampshire,Vermont with soft luggage and a tank bag. This bike was ment for serious corner carving and was the ultimate "squid" machine. The bike worked great,no problems. I find the FZ6R MORE than up to the task of sport touring, and I think this is what it was designed to do. IMHO.

Blue-Sun

Elite Member

Roaddawg

Nice bike. I looked at those back when I was looking at my FZ6R. The reason I went with the FZ6R was I got a better price at the time, it was something new in the market, and I thought it would be better to learn on(smaller). Now, I've been eyeballing the larger sport touring bikes, as I would like to go on shorter trips with the wifey (haven't told her yet :)) But, I've also thought about the V-strom as well, since there is more versatility in it. How are the vibrations with the v-twin?

JSP

Super Moderator
I saw one of those in Yellow today, looked great. We were going in oposite directions, so I don't know about its performance. But it looked GREAT!!

For the record, after my 600 mile service; I plan on doing some long distance riding/touring. Is there anything I should be concerned about?? Have you had issues going long distances with the FZ6R?

Please and Thank you!!
You will have no issues. I've done multiple 8 hour straight (minus gas/lunch break) and it does absolutely great. I just got back from a 5 hour ride today with my wife on the back, and one of the 8 hour rides was with her on the back as well. This is a great all around bike for sure. No worries! :cool:

calltrex

Nice bike. I looked at those back when I was looking at my FZ6R. The reason I went with the FZ6R was I got a better price at the time, it was something new in the market, and I thought it would be better to learn on(smaller). Now, I've been eyeballing the larger sport touring bikes, as I would like to go on shorter trips with the wifey (haven't told her yet :)) But, I've also thought about the V-strom as well, since there is more versatility in it. How are the vibrations with the v-twin?
Had it for 2 days now. Put some clicks on it. I dont notice any vibes. Now this bike i can live with for years if i want. highly versatile. Holds the corners.

lots of people are switching to these type of bikes that you can go anywhere u want. short or long trip, on or off pavement.

vstrom is my second choice for a adventure bike. Ducati multistrada is my first choice but thats an extra $11,000

not missing anything from the fz6r...

just breaking the engine in right now..

JSP

Super Moderator
gave me $6500 for it

paid $7200 a yr ago
They gave you $6500 for trade in??? You can get them brand new out the door for that price... Did you pay full MSRP for the V-Strom?

Most wont ever get more than $5k for trade in. If they are lucky.

Either way, congrats on the new bike and hope it does you good :cool:

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

TOMIK

Nice bike,Like the ABS, but i think FZ6R much nicer looking bike. HA HA, how much did you pay for it? I paid $5400. on brand new 09 raven.

calltrex

They gave you $6500 for trade in??? You can get them brand new out the door for that price... Did you pay full MSRP for the V-Strom?

actually i got $2500 off the V Strom. was on sale. so i only paid $8300 plus tax

gave them my bike right then and had my new bike in a few hrs...

nashvillenobody

wow... pretty amazing... local dealer in Tennessee has one of each color 09 model and is selling them for your choice $5300... brand new with full warranty 0 miles