The Best Chain for the 6R

RocketRyder510

Sorry if this has been discussed already, but I've searched the forum and I can't find a post with the info.

My chain is kinked so I think I need a new chain. (I didn't clean the chain at the proper intervals. :spank: ) What is the best chain and sprockets for the 6R? What would be the least expensive option which gives the best performance?

6R Blackout

I have an answer for your kinked chain YES IT'S F@$@ed! You need a new one, I would not chance riding on it with a kink. I did just like you and didn't do proper maintenance and kinked my chain and had to do the whole new chain and sprockets. Well I didn't really need new sprockets but I changed them anyway as it was recommended to me to change sprockets while I was getting a new chain.

Now to be honest I do not remember what chain it was either a 520 or 530 O-ring chain, sprockets I couldn't tell you cause I told the parts guy get the name brand I just told him what gearing I wanted. I know the guy where I get most of my parts from and I trust his judgement on brand name equipment.

I personally paid a little extra for a little better product just for my piece of mind!

I did get suggestions from here and I think I have the same chain a few members recommended, but in the end it is really your decision and choice of what you go with. Get opinions and then do your own research and pull the trigger on it! Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 6R Blacout

FastFreddy

It's a 120 link 520 pitch chain.
Either Yamaha OEM chain or an aftermarket chain are your options.
Replacing the OEM linkless chain is a difficult job with the swingarm removal.

What aftermarket chains do other people use ?
Did anyone measure the inside chain width and end plate thickness on the stock chain ?

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member