TBR Exhaust specs vs. Stock

2w05thletes

My sincere apologies if this has already been posted. I searched and got tired of looking at all the threads that popped up.

Thought that this would go along with some current discussions. ie.. Wearing ear plugs, all the exhaust mod threads, noise, horsepower, etc...

Performance Specs

Stock TBR Difference

Peak HP 68..8 hp 72.2 hp +3.8 hp
Peak Torque 44.5 ft-lbs 44.3 ft-lbs +2.8 ft-lbs
Max HP Gain 5.3 hp @9400rpm
Max Torque Gain 4.2 ft-lbs @5800rpm
Weight 18 lbs 8 lbs -10 lbs
Sound 86 @ 3000 101@ 3000 +15 dB
Catalyst yes no
O2 Sensor no no

Here's the link to the site: Two Brothers Racing V.A.L.E. M-2 4-2-1 Full Exhaust for FZ6R 09-10 - Exhaust - Full Systems - Solo Moto Parts

Hope you guys found this useful!

2w05thletes

I tried my best to get that chart to look appropriate but couldn't. I've failed you. Easiest is to just check the link out I guess.

toddjcruz

Torque, 44.5 vs 44.3 +2.8? Isnt that -.2?

And 86 db vs 101 db? 101? Ouch! Thata Jet take-off at 305 meter distance.

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

motomc2

IMHO...The only way to really notice...

a "seat of the pants" difference is a full exhaust, K@N o(or similar) and a PC. After these are installed...A custom map by a professional Dyno. More air...more fuel. A bit of money though.

stevet

Just my opinion. My personal thoughts are: Wow that is an awful lot of noise increase from 86db to 101. The cops and everyone else will hear you coming from a long distance. I think better to be stealth and have more fun. The increase in power is only about 6% and some of that is only because you cut the cat off which also means more air polution. The cat is also where you loose some of the weight other than your wallet being $935 + labor lighter plus fine tuning if necessary. For me the pros don't outweigh the cons. I'm not against the route some others have taken where they cut the muffler off and weld on a freer flowing one. With all that money you save you can get lots of goodies. Just my 2 cents worth.

Stephenfz6r

Just my opinion. My personal thoughts are: Wow that is an awful lot of noise increase from 86db to 101. The cops and everyone else will hear you coming from a long distance. I think better to be stealth and have more fun. The increase in power is only about 6% and some of that is only because you cut the cat off which also means more air polution. The cat is also where you loose some of the weight other than your wallet being $935 + labor lighter plus fine tuning if necessary. For me the pros don't outweigh the cons. I'm not against the route some others have taken where they cut the muffler off and weld on a freer flowing one. With all that money you save you can get lots of goodies. Just my 2 cents worth.
Not to mention the long term hearing loss and tinnitus down the road in the not to distant future.:rant:

Gee, I seem to be ranting a lot lately:D

Spunky99

Goodies....did you say goodies.....
I was able to buy the R6 and viper can for 239.00 delivered. Add about 40.00 for clamps and a bent pipe to fashion the rest and I did the full exhaust for 280.00. The savings bought me backoff plates, a PC V, HID lamps, Iridium plugs, Racetech springs and everything else I have installed.

So buy a cheap FZ6R, add 1 tooth to the primary sprocket and 1,000.00 in parts and I have the same acceleration as stock with a higher top end and close to a 20% increase in HP with the exhaust plus the PC V installed.
It isn't an R6 but then I paid about 1/2 the price and I retained the same power curve as stock with more power throughout.

Hmmmmm...did I do this right?