suspension mods anyone?

joloy133

Does anyone know if the stock front shocks have progressive springs? I feel that heavier riders who brake late and hard into sharp turns compress the front too much. I am contemplating a suspension mod for my riding preferences, starting with the front forks. Thanks...........

thepod

Front shocks are linear, not progressive.
If you want progressive rate springs you could go with hyperpros.

Put em my wife's bike. She got the 30 mm lowered version, but you may not need that depending on your height.

check under the xj-6 model (Euro version of the FZ6R)

Hyperpro | Suspension Technology

Tijeras505

I've sent an e-mail to Race Tech to see if they have anything currently or are planning on having any upgrades for the 6R for both the front and back.

Will post the reply when I hear something.

Tijeras505

Race Tech does not have anything yet but they offered to have me send them my forks and shock and work something up. Haven't decided on how much I am willing to spend though.

joloy133

I have been quoted $700 to have both front and rear springs set up for my weight and preferences by a Yamaha dealer here, Mach 1 Sports. (They sponsor 2 riders on the local circuit here.)

cbzdel

I would love to have front forks that dont sag so much and have a rear spring that is more 2 up friendly.. I fell like I am about to scrape on the ground when I am riding with my lady on the back (and we are no where close to the max weight limit haha!)