Stinerz LED Installation

Chaos

Well, here it is. The install of my led's.

First I stripped the whole bike. It just makes it so much easier to work with...

After I broke down the bike, I decided where I was gonna place my lights. The kit I bought came with 8 strips of 9 leds and 4 strips of 3 leds. I then tested each light strip individually before adhering it to the bike. I could have placed them on the fairings and whatnot but I opted to find places on the frame so when I do other mods and have to pull off the fairings I would not have to contend with wires hanging around. Once I had all of the light strips placed where I wanted them I ran all wires through the bike to the battery compartment and placed the remote receiver in the little cubbie under the seat....

After that I managed to get all the wires to tightly fit under the cover to the battery under the seat....

Then the process of putting the bike back together again.
Finished it looks like this....

Here is the vid I took with my phone. I am gonna take another one with my camcorder tonight. I don't like this one but you get the idea of how the remote works.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpAaOlZCtqo]YouTube - Yamaha FZ6R Stingerz LED lighs[/ame]

:steve:

Here is the site if any of you are interested. Just send me a pm about the one you want and I will get you a price.

Spunky99

Chaos

Those are gonna look sweet when ur done, let me know how it was to install the individual lights. Like are you gonna have to drill holes to mount them?

Spunky99

Plastic cable ties...no drilling

Chaos

Gotcha, ya gonna put your on/off in the dummy button?

Spunky99

Gotcha, ya gonna put your on/off in the dummy button?
Nope....Gonna rig up twin panel mount switches on the right near the tach. One to turn on the bike LEDs and 1 for the power crystal LED. Mount the 12v power outlet on the left side. All will be wired through the keyswitch so no one can mess with them without the key turned on.

I don't want to mess with the wiring in the handlebars.

Like these
http://www.cherrycorp.com/english/switches/rockers/pr_rocker.htm

Chaos

cant wait to see em!

rjsantana20

Chaos, the lights look very cool.

I'm a little confused so of course a couple of questions I must ask. Do you connect the lights all together then put them against the battery? Are they always on or did you connect an on/off switch?

Sorry for the noobie questions but... well, I just dont know. LOL!

Chaos

Chaos, the lights look very cool.

I'm a little confused so of course a couple of questions I must ask. Do you connect the lights all together then put them against the battery? Are they always on or did you connect an on/off switch?

Sorry for the noobie questions but... well, I just dont know. LOL!

All 10 light strips are connected together and then instead of running directly to the battery, I bought the remote that was extra. So the lights run to the receiver box and then to the battery. I got the remote cuz I didn't want to have an on off switch. So my lights are controlled by my remote so I can go thru all the settings without begin anywhere near my bike.

Spunky99

20 ultraviolet (black light) LEDs went on today.

MikeN02

Anyone had their light switch wired up to their dummy button "switch" on the left control?

I know Heineken and some members did it for their garage door opener but I was wondering if it'd work for this.

Would like to have the switch near my hands in case of an emergency or so and turn them on.... Like a Cop!

adidaskid810

looks pretty good, I'm actually considering doing this myself as well. Could you explain where you put each l.e.d? Looks like you have some good light coverage.

Spunky99

More lights today.....