so i sold my weight bench...

JSP

Super Moderator
:steve: Sweet! It is indeed an awesome camera!

Detrich

Holy cow... The video looks great on my iPad... HD quality indeed. =)

Detrich

lol... I really watched it on the iPad tho... :)

Detrich

. . . . . .

:(

Detrich

I noticed ur shifting around 7000 rpm... Is this what most of u guys shift at?

I've been shifting around 4500... Is that too early? I still only have about 650 miles on the bike....

MikeN02

I've been shifting around 4500... Is that too early? I still only have about 650 miles on the bike....
Most guys shift whenever they want or feel comfortable with.

Some people can't stand the higher rpm's because of the buzzing exhaust noise, others love it.

I personally shift 11.5 in first gear, and leave my rpm's around 6 or 7 while cruising.

JSP

Super Moderator
If I am just commuting and driving sanely... ;) I will shift around 5-7k. If I am going all out I will shift at 10-11k.

owldaddy

After reviewing the dyno charts for the 6R, I'm shifting at 10k when I want to get down the road quickly. The torque peak is ~9k, peak power is ~10k. Shifting at 10k drops you right back to the torque peak. No need to run it to red line on this bike.

Bigevildoer

You're still in the break in period... shift like the manual says and away you go. Pretty soon you'll be able to shift wherever you want to. Me, I'm usually shifting around 7500 rpm or so on the FZ6R... When I want to have fun, up around 10K.