snowmobile helmet

yfz6r

I've been thinking about getting a snow mobile helmet for my horrible winter rides.

My theory is that a person would wear a snowmobile helmet when its really cold. Therefore they should be warm. They are probably very safe as that can be a dangerous sport.

So, anyone familier with them? Are they warm?

Sparkxx1

I've been thinking about getting a snow mobile helmet for my horrible winter rides.

My theory is that a person would wear a snowmobile helmet when its really cold. Therefore they should be warm. They are probably very safe as that can be a dangerous sport.

So, anyone familier with them? Are they warm?
I don't know anything about snowmobile helmets, but why don't you look into a klim balaclava?

JSP

Super Moderator
If it meets all dot requirements... Never worn one myself. Good bacalava will make u warm so i see no reason for a separate helmet.

toofless

snow mobile helmets sound pretty cool, anti fog shields, some even electric to reduce fogging? nice. didn't see if DOT approved though...

sidenote:
is it just me that sees this, 'balaclava' and thinks this, 'baklava'?

EDIT: this one says it's DOT approved, cheap too...

(click image)

Last edited:

Fizzer6R

years ago buying helmets, some of us got HJC CS-12 on discount from dennis kirk clearance, they also had HJC CS-12S - the S was for Snow and the only difference we could tell from the helmets side-by-side was the different shields, they easily screwed right onto each other, so you could use them for whatever season... look around, and I wouldn't doubt some models are still like this.

from friends up north, they say sled guys want snow-cross helmets now, basically moto-x helmets made slightly different for winter, and wear goggles with larger face guards