Side Walk Parking

neshi

This question is primarily for NYC residents.

Do you park on the side walk?
If so what part of the city & do you cover your bike?

MikeN02

I live in FL and I only do it at work. My friend who works at Publix said you can do it there but I'm mainly concerned about if it's illegal there or not. I just park in the parking space for a few minutes, still paranoid but alarm keeps me off it for 4 minutes.

Was thinking about bringing my bike cover with me too, to cover it when I park it at work...

travstoll

I live in FL and I only do it at work. My friend who works at Publix said you can do it there but I'm mainly concerned about if it's illegal there or not. I just park in the parking space for a few minutes, still paranoid but alarm keeps me off it for 4 minutes.

Was thinking about bringing my bike cover with me too, to cover it when I park it at work...
...well don't do it in Kansas City. I found out the hard way. $90 fine...:shakehead:

Kleinfalls

I think it just depends - live in Dallas - I'm sure there are laws against it - but never got a ticket - as long as there is room and it's out of the way - people here do it all the time - with theft being such a huge issue I think law enforcement understands.

dannymac702

When I worked in NYC years ago I would park on the sidewalk sometimes and chain it to a pole. Then I would remove the license plate (used wing nuts) and take it with me. Never got a ticket.

neshi

When I worked in NYC years ago I would park on the sidewalk sometimes and chain it to a pole. Then I would remove the license plate (used wing nuts) and take it with me. Never got a ticket.
Thanks all

This from the horses mouth I asked a meter maid and an petrol officer and they both told me the same thing! we cant ticket you with out your license plate!

Roaddawg

Thanks all

This from the horses mouth I asked a meter maid and an petrol officer and they both told me the same thing! we cant ticket you with out your license plate!
Why can't they use the public VIN number if there is no plate? If I saw a vehicle with no plate parked illegally, I would check the VIN # to see if its possibly stolen.

dannymac702

Why can't they use the public VIN number if there is no plate? If I saw a vehicle with no plate parked illegally, I would check the VIN # to see if its possibly stolen.
If the bike is chained it is most likely not stolen. Checking VIN takes too much time when there may be fresh donuts in the area!!

DjOrchie

...well don't do it in Kansas City. I found out the hard way. $90 fine...:shakehead:
Don't do it in Vancouver either, +1 on the receiving a ticket :(