Shogun frame sliders--how much cutting?

pyrocpu

The offset brackets are super-uber robust. I have all the confidence in them.

There is one other no-cut brand I had looked at; the one where the slider's notched for the fairing. I see that as a weaker design; the cut functions as a stress riser--that's where the slider would snap in a crash, IMHO.

Newmason

pyro, ill take your word for it then. I was just looking at the design picture of them online and it just seems like that if you were to go down that the offset would be the first to bend, and if it did bend doesnt it come close to your water pump on the right side and the side case on the left? Either way, ill be happy to have these on as soon as they show up from solomoto usps priority ship..... Man they are slow!

pyrocpu

When you get the sliders in, position the bracket such that it touches nothing. Torque down that engine bolt, and that's it.

Word to the wise though--the job would have been quite a bit easier if I had hex sockets instead of my allen keys... I had to use a 6' pipe "attachment" to the hex key to back off those Loctited engine bolts!

Newmason

Back to harbor freight I go then :D Do you have any pictures of the sliders?

pyrocpu

Pix? Heck no. Sliders aren't sexy parts! :D

Newmason

Well the usps man just dropped off the sliders in the mail box. These things look tough! Before I bust open the packaging, I printed off the instructions, but off hand do you know which one is the left and which one is the right puck? I am hoping the one on the left in the packaging is the left side and the one on the right is the right side.... at least that would make sense to me :)

pyrocpu

Longer slider goes on left side of bike.

Newmason

Left side slider in the package goes on the left and right side slider and bolt goes on the right by chance?

bjs045

Left side slider in the package goes on the left and right side slider and bolt goes on the right by chance?
Left bolt and slider in the package goes on the left. Right on the right. I don't recall the torque pounds but make sure you torque them down to factory specs.

oh one more thing. While tightening the bracket bolt the slider tends to rotate clockwise. So make sure you position the slider correctly before you torque it down.

Last edited:

Newmason

Well just got in from putting the shogun sliders. Def dont go with the left slider in the package for the left side because its def not the right one. The longer slider was on the right one and the wrong offset was on the right side. Def read the directions off line. After I figured it all out, the left side faring has to be moved out of the way and the right faring doesnt even need to be moved as the offset just slips right in under the faring. All in all pretty easy to install. Just dont forget the loc-tight on the slider portion only

bjs045

I fubar'd that one...I went off of memory (which failed!). The poster above was correct about the longer slider on the left side. mybad!

pyrocpu

Newmason

Yeah, I knew the longer one went on the left, I just thought the packaging would have been, left slider and offset on the left and right slider and offset on the right. I was way off!

pyrocpu

Well, the no-cut Shogun sliders definitely work...

Had the misfortune of dropping the bike today. :( Sigh.

Left slider took it all. Bracket didn't flex at all. 0mph drop in the garage (slipped on some dirt that the cage dragged in with the winter we've had). Teensy tiny scratch in the left brake lever, same w/ left mirror and left turn signal. Basically, if I didn't point them out, you'd be hard pressed to find 'em. Good thing I had my A* boots on; bike kinda squished my left leg a bit. Unfortunately, I had *just* taken my jacket off to back the Fizzer into the garage and landed squarely on my left elbow. Kinda hurts right now.

All said, I suppose it was the most drama-free ways to drop a bike. Sigh. Coulda been worse.

Newmason

Guess you could think of it as that the slidders have now paid for themselves!

pyrocpu

Aye. I'm a bit achy today. :(

I feel bad for the bike. It wasn't the bike's fault. Oh well. I guess I'll just have to "make it up" to my Fizzer and get a Two Brothers system. Ahhh... there, there, yellow one... :)