Right foot vibration

PVD_FZ6R

Just passed the 2k mile mark and have started to notice that my right foot is getting some vibration - especially if my foot is touching the small brake pedal from the side. The bike does have the slight engine vibration when in the 6/7k rpm but this vibration seems to be at just about any rpm. The only thing that has been done to the bike was the addition of frame sliders - which were torqued to spec (and rechecked this morning).

I started to notice it when my right foot would literally fall asleep on long rides due to the vibration - only my right foot. Any thoughts...

xplodnstar

Have you tried different positions for your foot? I find that mine cramps up if I stay on my toes too long.

joloy133

There is a slight buzziness more noticeable at around 6000-7000 rpm. The bikes not perfect but this characteristic is minor at most, especially compared to levels noted on the Kawasaki for example. (The rubber on the foot pegs are for more than just grip.)

Roaddawg

I've noticed that my right foot will be a little sore, but I think its because I sub-consciously hold my toes up a little because I don't want to inadvertently "ride" the rear brake pedal, but I like to cover it when I'm riding in heavy traffic. Also, now that I'm over 5k miles and put in semi-synthetic oil on the last change, I don't have hardly any vibration. I regularly cruise at 70-80 and it's nice and smooth.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
It may not only be vibration causing your foot troubles. Next time you begin to notice it, take a mental note of where your butt is on the seat. If you are sitting slightly off to one side, you could be pinching nerves or restricting blood flow to your right foot, accounting for any tingling or numbness. Just some food for thought. :D

Verranth

It may not only be vibration causing your foot troubles. Next time you begin to notice it, take a mental note of where your butt is on the seat. If you are sitting slightly off to one side, you could be pinching nerves or restricting blood flow to your right foot, accounting for any tingling or numbness. Just some food for thought. :D
I've noticed that I will sometimes sit in a way that will cause numbness and tingling sensations...not down my legs though...:eek:

It's the wierdest feeling ever...

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
I've noticed that I will sometimes sit in a way that will cause numbness and tingling sensations...not down my legs though...:eek:

It's the wierdest feeling ever...
:rof::rof:

Root Down

Is it possible that you are riding with the back of your right foot up against the bike? That will cause some vibration in your foot, maybe try moving your foot out on the peg a bit.