Riding Skills: Corner Exit Throttle Control (SportRider)

bloodypulp

Sport rider is a great mag. Their riding tips are always very informative and I know my riding skills have improved as a result of reading and implementing their advise.

FastFreddy

I like it when SportRider do articles like this, its interesting.

I suppose you have to be at 50 degree bank angle before you can "pick it up" on exit. I only just got my licence back, so this isn't me right now.:)

They say to keep hanging off the bike on the exit, so you can pick it up and open it fully (on a 600) earlier.

efforex

I like it when SportRider do articles like this, its interesting.

I suppose you have to be at 50 degree bank angle before you can "pick it up" on exit. I only just got my licence back, so this isn't me right now.:)

They say to keep hanging off the bike on the exit, so you can pick it up and open it fully (on a 600) earlier.
If you load the outside peg while exiting a corner you can start to feel what the bike is doing and can avoid high sides. On my 600 i can pin it out of corners with lean. On the other hand i can't pin it when your at 50 degrees of lean. its a give and take relationship More lean less throttle and less lean means Pin the SOB. :Sport: