Removing clutch actuator arm

Superzoom

Does anyone know how to remove the clutch actuator arm from our bike? I want to take the arm into a welder and have him extend the arm a little to give more leverage for a lighter clutch pull. I'm hoping I don't have to open up the clutch cover and get inside to do so.

Hope someone knows how to do this. I would really appreciate the info.

By the way, I have looked at all the various ways to lighten the clutch pull, and lengthening the actuator arm seems like one of the best methods for doing so. I may eventually try a new lever or stainless cable, but I want to start with the actuator.

Thanks!

blkbrd

Elite Member

Superzoom

I don't have any experience removing the lever, but one thing to keep in mind...when extending a pivoting lever, the required movement of the lever will increase due to the increased distance from the pivot point. This could translate into not being able to pull the cable enough to disengage the clutch if the actuator is too long. Just thought I'd throw this out there in case it hadn't occurred to you.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy S4
Thanks for the heads up. I've looked at the range of the clutch engagement point pretty carefully, and it really takes place over a fairly small distance of lever travel. I'm pretty sure there is plenty there to play with.