Red 2006 Kawasaki Ninja 250

arkkornkid

This has been in storage for 2 years now, I've just been lazy and haven't gotten it out to ride. As is $1500. Located in Marion, AR... just over the river from Memphis, TN.

The good:
only 5,000 miles .... all by me personally
broken in properly ....and let me tell ya, that SUCKED!!!
never been dropped
completely stock, no mods
paint is great .... I haven't looked it over with a fine-toothed comb lately, but the only imperfections I know it had was dulled paint where I never put a tank pad on.

The bad:
carb needs cleaned .... gonna check out the tank as well
will need a new rear tire very soon
needs an oil change

I plan on pulling it out, charging the battery and seeing what I can do with carb. Also going to change the oil before I ride it. After doing this I will bump the price back up a little, but if I get an offer beforehand... all the better for both parties. I'm not going to replace the tire because I know how riders are about them and I wouldn't want to waste time/money on it.

I'm sorry, I thought I had some pix on photobucket but they're still in my camera. I'll get them up asap.

I'll be happy to answer any questions you got, but I may be slow to respond: I log on at work :D .... no internet at home.

arkkornkid

Alright..... ended up having to drop the tank and cleaning it. It had some funk in it, but nothing using a pressure washer couldn't take care of. The inline filters leading to the carb looked to be clean, so I'm hoping none of the junk found it's way that far. The battery was zonked, so I'll be picking up a new one in order to fire it up and see that all is well.

On to the pix.... excuse the dust, that's what happens when you trust a relative to store it for you, and the mirrors fold in so that one isn't messed up just not properly adjusted:

phenchick

Nice bike! I live in Little Rock so you are not THAT far away. I will ask around to our friends for ya!! kinda wish I had seen it for a starter bike.

arkkornkid

Nice bike! I live in Little Rock so you are not THAT far away. I will ask around to our friends for ya!! kinda wish I had seen it for a starter bike.
Thanks, that'd be awesome..... and that's why I bought it, to get back into riding after a long break. $3900 brand new and 60 miles per gallon, it served it's purpose well.

and good to see another Arkansan on here.... I think that's 3 of us now.

Last edited:

arkkornkid

wow.... who knew it'd be so hard to get a battery. None of the usual suspects had anything close and even the dealer had to order one. It'll be week before it arrives so won't get her cranked until then.

JSP

Super Moderator
Neat bike! Would love to find one close to me like that for my wife to learn on. She is so scared though. Wants to learn on a beat up dirt bike or something. If it'll save me money, im cool with that haha.

JonKerr

Elite Member

arkkornkid

Hey now, I'm smack in the middle of the U.S., so I'm close to everywhere :D

Yeah, my location does limit me a little..... I've never dealt with e-bay, but after keeping an eye on other auctions I might break down and go that route. But I'm considering using a local shop that sells bikes on consignment, they only charge a flat $100 fee and it sits on their showroom until it's sold.

Thanks for looking and for the free bumps.

arkkornkid

Not yet, I do have the nephew of a friend interested, but unless I can fix the problems myself I wouldn't be comfortable selling to a teenager, I'd rather him get it in an immediately rideable condition.

It's just been insanely hot for the past month and I've had no motivation to work on it lately.

Update on condition:
carbs looked great, cleaned them while I had them off just for insurance.
I believe the petcock is an issue, I can't seem to get fuel to the carbs for some reason.
fresh oil.
new battery.
starter began making a funny noise, I think it may just be from turning over too much... I'll have to make sure when I work on it next.
looks as though at least one of the fork seals is leaking.
will need a new rear tire... I won't replace because rather not stick someone with a tire profile they really wouldn't prefer.

As of today considering the above issues: I'd sell it for $1200 ... I fix the majority of them and the price goes up a bit. If no takers, I may just part it out and use the engine in some other project.

Thanks for looking

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

arkkornkid

Unfortunately I've just been too busy to work on it. So the condition is the same on my last post.

If you or anyone else wants it, I'll take $1,000 cash for it. It doesn't look like I'll have a chance to do anything with it in the near future and I could use the money at this point. Clear title in hand.

Someone is going to end up with a great bike once the little quirks are remedied. Honestly shouldn't take more than $500 to fix and that's including the cost of the tire. And then I know you could resell it at some point and get nearly, if not all, of your money back for it.

Thanks for looking and bumping Uno.

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

arkkornkid

sounds good.... hopefully she gives you the green light and can take it off my hands

Spunky99

sounds good.... hopefully she gives you the green light and can take it off my hands
If I were geographically closer to you, I'd buy that bike. Heck I just bought a YSR50 for about the same price....Ninja 250's are really cool bikes.