Rear shock broken??

Fraze

While cleaning my bike today I noticed this and now I'm a bit concerned. I never noticed this when I bought the bike and the PO never mentioned anything. It looks like whoever adjusted it reefed on it and bent the p1ss out of it or something...what really has me worried is what appears to be a tear (see circled pic) Should I be worried about this??

mike

Looks like the adjuster ring is bent. it could cause problems if you ever need to adjust your shock. It looks like the setting is on 5 if you leave it there you shouldnt have any issues but if you go down on the adjustment (soften the ride) it might not stay in stay due to the adjuster ring not being up against the shock housing. If the ride is comfortable where its at i wouldn't worry about it.

Fraze

Looks like the adjuster ring is bent. it could cause problems if you ever need to adjust your shock. It looks like the setting is on 5 if you leave it there you shouldnt have any issues but if you go down on the adjustment (soften the ride) it might not stay in stay due to the adjuster ring not being up against the shock housing. If the ride is comfortable where its at i wouldn't worry about it.
Thanks for the response. It is on 5 and with my new springs/oil up front, its a perfect match, so I have no plans to change it. So it looks like I should be ok then. Phew. The woes of used...