!!!! Rear fender !!!!

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
That looks awesome!! I will be thrilled if it fits the FZ6R! :rockon:

JSP

Super Moderator
I'm thinking I like it. I would need to see the whole bike though.

It is $212.98 USD

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

PVD_FZ6R

not a fan of that - doesn't really seem to match the angular aspects of the bike.

I think I'm going to order this one from the UK (XJ6) - it's a bit cheaper and matches the bike better (IMHO).

joloy133

I don't think the bike needs a fender. With the battery box as it is, a fender might make it look busy or bulky, $0.02. However..............GL!

oyamyers

I would also need to see it on a bike in person. It might be a nice mod.

OTTF

I don't like the look of it either, it just doesn't seem to fit with the style of the bike. It looks more like something which would go on a cruiser.

area

I like that rear fender...but without seeing it on the bike as a whole...I can't say it it will mess well with these full fairing bikes.

Hopefully it fits...but if its like the rear hugger I contacted bike design about it will only fit the XJ6.

xXMotoSniperXx

****Great NEWS!!!****

Alright riders! I recieved this contact back from the company! So if you are intrested start letting me know. I am going to contact them again, just to confirm the fit and I am going to contact a Yamaha tech to make sure they agree it would fit.

The shipping is going to get interesting. I live in Indio, Ca near Palm Springs. So if you are interested start looking up your shipping cost from my location to yours.

Here is the email I recieved! I will keep you all posted! Lets get at 10 riders and get that 20% discount! That should wash out our shipping cost!!:D:D:D

Hi Alfredo,

I'm sorry about the late reply, but we've been closed for a holiday. The rear fender you found (click) costs 149 euros unpainted or 212 euros painted in any OEM color. One euro is currently worth 1.41 US Dollar, so that would be 210.09 USD unpainted or 298.92 euros painted. Shipping to the States is 26 euros (36.66 USD). There is no carbon fiber version of this fender…

We can agree to make you a special price under certain conditions. The main issue is the shipping address. The discounts mentioned below can only be given if all items can be sent together at the same time to the same address. You would have to take care of the distribution to your members yourself. We will only claim the shipping cost of 26 euros (36.66 USD) once, no matter how large the box would be or even if we have to split up your order into separate boxes. If you agree to those conditions, we are prepared to give you a 10% discount on an order of 2-5 fenders, 15% discount for 6-10 fenders or 20% if you agree to place order more then 10 fenders.

Feel free to contact us if you have more questions!

Kind regards,

Christophe Couckuyt

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
That's nice that they are working to give us a deal. However, almost $300 for a fender seems really excessive. It's only about $400 to get a complete side fairing. :confused: I think I will wait until something a little more reasonably priced comes out.

Verranth

aww man.... That would be such a sweet addition to the bike. I'm very tempted to go for it...but it is a little pricy. And, I still have other mods to include in the budget.

Why does a stupid piece of plastic have to cost SO much? [...goes off into a fit of curse words...]

Last edited:

area

aww man.... That would be such a sweet addition to the bike. I'm very tempted to go for it...but it is a little pricy. And, I still have other mods to include in the budget.

Why does a stupid piece of plastic have to cost SO much? [...goes off into a fit or curse words...]
Not a large demand, they are probably making a certain amount per run. We can just hope it gets more popular and the cost will go down a little bit or more competition would help.

The R is still relatively new and the waiting period for aftermarket stuff sucks!

JonKerr

Elite Member
Last edited:

Verranth

If this piece is injection molded, the cost of a mold that size would probably be in $50 - $75,000 range. They have to pay for that mold. With this bike not exactly being the most popular bike around, molded parts specific to that model will be very expensive.
When I first read your response, I thought you were saying that the mold would cost anywhere from $50 (fifty dollars) to $75K. After re-reading it, I now see you meant $50K-$75K. :rof:

And yes, that makes sense. Though, this bike has been selling rather well at the dealership I bought it from. I'm guessing that the bike should be selling pretty well all around due to the great reviews.