Rear Facing Go Pro

Funkmaxtor

I mounted my Go Pro on the swing arm facing backward. This is a short video of the view. You can see the tire buckle when I hit the gas. The front tire picked up a few inches when I hit it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0PfUYvWfA8]YouTube - Power Wheelie from Swingarm[/ame]

DjOrchie

Good job, I have yet to get my front wheel off the ground yet. I guess the juicebox and exhaust help with that eh? Did you notice a serious increase in power when you added them? Do you also have the K&N high flow air filter?

Funkmaxtor

I did notice more power but I was able to get the wheel up before the upgrade. I am going to try and get the bike back on the dyno in a few weeks. Work is to crazy right now to take the time off.

MikeN02

Can you post how you mounted it? like with what tool/item. Also what type of camera you use?

I have a suction cup mount but am having trouble with mounting locations. The bike vibrates too much and I get really shaky videos. The only other option is to have the suction cup on my helmet but that gives me more wind resistance and it's a big increase.

Stoppsladd

Nice vid! :thumbup:

Did i hear a flick on the clutch there?
And are you going in 2nd gear?

I havent manage to pick it up on 2nd gear yet but yerking the gas in first is bringing the front in the air and then put in 2nd and so far 3rd gear as well.
But i feel the rpm limiter i coming too soon...
Just as you have the power to keep it up the limiter hits and you must decide to put in next gear or abort...:mad:

Funkmaxtor

I will try to take a picture of the mount tonight and post it. But if anyone is familiar with the Go Pro Hero system, I used a flat adhesive mount with the vertical (J) bracket with one arm attached to it. Plus the housing of course.

I did not flick the clutch, however I did close the throttle and snap it open. In first gear this will pick up the front wheel (not to the balance point) if you are about 6k. I have never tried to carry a wheelie. I'm just not comfortable at the balance point. However I have carried a high speed wheelie a few times that came up because of the road. Never at the balance point though. Call me a wuss but I'm a big fan of keeping myself and my baby in one piece.

JSP

Super Moderator
I just ordered my HD GoPro Hero Motorsports camera and am freakin stoked!!! All these different vids ive seen, I couldnt resist. Should be here this week.

bikerchick13

I popped one about a week ago.Sitting at a stop sign,I was rolling back and forth then twisted the gogo handle and popped the clutch and up it went, about 8 or 10 inches.Pretty awsome felling!And those GOPRO's are awsome
cameras.I plan on getting one also.:D

Funkmaxtor

I popped one about a week ago.Sitting at a stop sign,I was rolling back and forth then twisted the gogo handle and popped the clutch and up it went, about 8 or 10 inches.Pretty awsome felling!And those GOPRO's are awsome
cameras.I plan on getting one also.:D
I would love to learn how to ride out a wheelie but I'm chicken. Maybe one day.

"Gogo" handle. I like that. Usually when women talk about the gogo handle it is a totally different conversation. Well Done!