Rear ended back in August

Rey LeQuan

I've been pretty inactive on here for a while: school, work, rock climbing, swimming, lady, blah blah blah. So this actually happened right before the fall semester started last year. Anyways, I was riding home the morning after a poker game in Addison, TX. Stopped at a red light for about 20 seconds, and then I couldn't figure out why my bike was trying to launch forward into the intersection because I still had the clutch held in. Magically managed to not drop the bike, though my 145lbs frame had to hulk out to prevent it. Finally turn around to see a Grand Marquis on my back tire. Smashed my tail light, crumpled the license plate, broke off the right side passenger peg, scratched up the white pieces of trim under the rear seat, and I believe it actually damaged the swim arm. Turns out the guy didn't have insurance even though his card was current, so thankfully I had uninsured/underinsured coverage. Cost me $250, but took a month to get back on the road because some of the parts were on back order. I had some minor neck pain (whip lash maybe?), and my junk got run into the gas tank quite hard. Other than that I was A - Okay. He couldn't have been going super fast but it still startled me quite a bit.

And this is the license plate now lol

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

knightmare

The same thing happened to me back in November.... I was going to work at a stop light and smack... I was like I didn't know I can do a wheelie from a stop.... I was pushed forward about 5 ft... Lackey I didn't fall off the bike.... I jumped off the bike and stared yelling at the guy.... No major damaged to my bike but my back is still missed up bad..... I take pain pills just to keep riding cuz it's the only why I get to work.... I feel ur pain man it sucked....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rey LeQuan

Yikes, man! Sounds like I got off easy pain wise :/. Bad lower backs run in my family and this accident probably didn't help any, but I didn't have any lasting pain. Sold my car in December, so the bike is my only mode of transpo as well. Hope it gets better for you!