Rear cowl

CDN6R

I have seen a number of posts on this subject,but I would like some thoughts please(Good or Bad.....Gulp!) I have a new 2009 Yellow FZ6R and I would love to buy a rear solo seat cover for my bike,but the thought of spending $200.00 + (CDN$$) on a small piece of yellow plastic to me is just to much for what it is. Has anyone ever thought of doing this,,,, take the rear seat have the black vinyl replaced with the color of your bike(that matches,ofcourse!) Blue bike/blue passanger seat,,,yellow bike/yellow passanger seat. I think this would be cheaper than the solo seat cowl from Yamaha and you would not have to change it to let your G.F. or Wife ride too. Thoughts please? Laurie P

Newmason

Would make sense and might work as long as you find the right color to match. The raven would be pretty much useless to do this obviously since its black on black but the blue, white and yellow would be worth a shot. Kawasaki use to have a two toned seat on there I want to say ninja 250? Made it look like it had a seat cowl when really it was just to different colored seats.

joloy133

I think it would look funny, it would be mismatched seats. When you get the cowl I believe you lose the seat. I read somewhere that the seat pan is used for the cowl mod.

Funkmaxtor

Not the seat pan just the hardware that is on the pan. Some people have bought a second set of hardware so they can easily put the seat back on.

Funkmaxtor

I am contemplating molding my own out of fiberglass. I would like to gain a little extra storage. To put a drink bottle or can of Plexus in. The Yamaha one doesn't give you any extra height. I will still need to buy the hardware of course.