Really??

6R Blackout

applejax

Do you mean the minivan did not move out of his way quick enough? :confused:
it kinda looks like the minivan started to shift right and then decided it didnt want to anymore and stayed in the lane....

idk, the biker shouldnt have tried to squeeze in there like that though

6R Blackout

What it looks like to me is that the guy was splitting and just got too close to the minivan. Or the minivan swerved into him. Well I don't know now, I will have to look at it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Casey (aka) Hunter77!

UselessPickles

I'd like to believe that people are decent enough that they would generally not intentionally swerve into each other. I think it's more likely that the driver of the car was surprised by the sight and/or sound of the motorcycle, then turned their head to the left to assess what was going on. Target fixation works in cars too, so the car would tend to drift left if the driver looked left at the bike.

6R Blackout

I'd like to believe that people are decent enough that they would generally not intentionally swerve into each other. I think it's more likely that the driver of the car was surprised by the sight and/or sound of the motorcycle, then turned their head to the left to assess what was going on. Target fixation works in cars too, so the car would tend to drift left if the driver looked left at the bike.
Very well put, and I have to agree with you but as I looked at it again, the car or minivan had its blinker on to move over to the right and the guy on the bike assumed he was changing lanes and at the last second the van looked like it decided to maintain it's position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Casey (aka) Hunter77!

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

MiltonDorkenhoff

Search, THEN post.
Elite Member

DavidB455

I wouldn't lane split like that in a month of sundays. We have a general rule here with Scottish Law. Its quite grey area, as long as you do it without excess speed its fine. Speeds like that are a no no, reckless driving really. If its under 30mph then its usually not frowned upon so much.