Rain!

ry-mac75

Okay, so I rode to work and it was a beauty day. The weather man was calling for rain, but that guy is almost never right. Well, at 3p it starts getting grey and then it starts coming down... but I was ready. Here's a really cool new product I found - you might want to pick one up and throw it in your tank bag like I did.

Welcome to BikeCondoms - Motorcycle Covers and More!

You can thank me later.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
I've heard good things about them....

but, I use the rain as a way to wash my bike.... it's needs washing every once in a while:justkidding:
We were riding to work there that one week and it was raining almost everyday. Got clean! :D

Those condom ones dont look too bad. Was carrying the whole bike cover at times. Took up my whole tank bag.

Last edited:

PVD_FZ6R

I got caught out in the rain on Saturday. Not a fun driving experience at all. Going thru standing water and other puddles with little visibility just sucked (not to mention a jack@ss who thought it would be funny to get right up on my tail). I eventually pulled into a station but realized the storm was following me to my destination so I had no choice but to keep going.

BTW - I think most meteorologists are hacks!!!! Forecast called for a 30% chance of rain from 3-4pm. WRONG!!! I want a job where I can totally blow the forecast and then go - oh well, that's Mother nature for ya.

jotapeh

ry_mac, I got caught in that same storm coming home today! Man that sucked!

Even worse I just found out my new jacket is NOT waterproof, like I thought it was... UGH! I haven't been this soaked since I lived in Vancouver.

JSP

Super Moderator
ry_mac, I got caught in that same storm coming home today! Man that sucked!

Even worse I just found out my new jacket is NOT waterproof, like I thought it was... UGH! I haven't been this soaked since I lived in Vancouver.
Wait until you all get caught in a huge hail storm with nowhere to hide! That is really fun :cool:

Halon

I actually have been meaning to shop around for rainproof gear for the bike, it's my daily driver and monsoon season is coming up. I was thinking of getting one of the canvas riding jackets and using some tent sealant spray on the exterior.

How about the bike itself in rain? I wash my bike pretty regularly because I figured it was weatherized to permit driving in the rain and it seems to be fine... So I take it other than making sure it's covered when parked it can drive around in the rain just as easily as dry? (when talking about the bike itself handling water on it...)

ry-mac75

Soaker?

haha that sucks jotapeh! That's what I dig about the bike condom. I saw that it might rain - fired a BC pack in my tank bag and that left lots of room for my Icon rain gear, dry as can be!

I got a good deal on the Icon rain gear, it's pretty awesome. Recommend that too.

ME_with_a_B

How about the bike itself in rain? I wash my bike pretty regularly because I figured it was weatherized to permit driving in the rain and it seems to be fine... So I take it other than making sure it's covered when parked it can drive around in the rain just as easily as dry? (when talking about the bike itself handling water on it...)
I got caught in the rain about a dozen times last month... the worst of which were the two days on my trip to/from Rapid City, and then on Sunday it was an all out thunderstorm while riding an Iron Butt SS-1000.

While I don't like riding in the rain b/c visibility sucks and cars are jerks, the bike itself seems to handle beautifully. I slow down a lot more while cornering, just to make sure gravel/dirt hasn't washed into the corners with all the water -- but so far so good.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

jotapeh

haha that sucks jotapeh! That's what I dig about the bike condom. I saw that it might rain - fired a BC pack in my tank bag and that left lots of room for my Icon rain gear, dry as can be!

I got a good deal on the Icon rain gear, it's pretty awesome. Recommend that too.
hmm, I will look into that gear on the GTAM forums then :)

Halon

Thanks, and the bike itself of course just needs extra lubing like you were saying?