R6 Mirrors Are On!

Chaos

Ok, so I just finished putting on the regular R6 mirrors. Absolutely love the look it gave my bike. I first had to line up and drill my extra hole to fit the bolts. With that rubber piece that sits between the frame and plastic I put the metal round piece from the original hole into the hole I made...

Here is what both mirrors look like, stock and the R6...

I took the rubber boots off of the stock mirrors, switched sides and turned them around. I had to cut out some of the bottom of the boot so it would be a flush fit. I turned them around and switched sides cuz I like the way the lines followed the bike a bit better. Here is the final...

I actually think visibility is much better now than with the stock mirrors. Hope this helps anyone thinking of going with the R6 instead of the R6S mirrors.

Spunky99

Sweet.....I love mine

arkkornkid

Looks great, good job on the close ups.

Curious: on the pic with different mirrors you don't have the rubber boot on the R6 mirror. I like how that looks, so is it necessary to use the boot? .....if I didn't want to cut them up.

owldaddy

Those look great, I'd say worth the effort if they provide a view to the rear as good or better then the stock mirrors. You claim they do, may I ask why? Do they look under the elbows, or perhaps they vibrate less? I have to admit I like the way the stock mirrors work, but they look like antenna on a bug.

Spunky99

Attachments

Last edited:

Chaos

Looks great, good job on the close ups.

Curious: on the pic with different mirrors you don't have the rubber boot on the R6 mirror. I like how that looks, so is it necessary to use the boot? .....if I didn't want to cut them up.
No you do not need to put them on. But there is a little lip on the bike that the boot from the r6 did not cover. I just did not want to look at it.

Chaos

Those look great, I'd say worth the effort if they provide a view to the rear as good or better then the stock mirrors. You claim they do, may I ask why?
As for the better view. With the stock I had to really pull my elbows in tight to see. I can simply lift up my arm a little bit and have a clear view to my back.

FZJ

What year r6 are those from? And how did you get the boot off the stock ones? I remember taking my mirrors off when I installed HIDs on mine and the boot seemed like it was in place. Those look wayyy better.

Chaos

They are off an 08 R6. The boot just slides off. It's on there tight but it does come off. And thank you.

husker525

I like the look of the R6 mirrors on your bike. I have some carbon fiber knockoff R6 mirrors on mine and like the visibility more on these over stock. Appearance wise, they are a winner hands down in my book!!

bmw675

As for the better view. With the stock I had to really pull my elbows in tight to see. I can simply lift up my arm a little bit and have a clear view to my back.
just for a reference, could you measure the from the outside of the mirrors to each other. on the stock one, i have roughly 33 3/8". just trying to get an idea on how they fit on ours.