Question about sliders that hasnt been answered

mchury

Ok as some of you may know, i recently laid my bike down. As a result there is a hole in the fairing from a motor mount bolt. My fix to this was to just make the whole bigger and put a slider in there and do the same to the other side.

Now the question: The hole is from the motor mount bolt more towards the front of the bike not the one the t-rex sliders use. What would be a good slider to use for this bolt instead of the one more towards the back of the bike where they are supposed to go. And would it even be a good idea to put them there?

SupremeBean

I was wondering the same thing; my girl laid hers down and sounds like it's the same type damage.

Where do the yamaha sliders bolt? Or would they work there?

MikeN02

I wouldn't know if this would be a good idea but I think it wouldn't.

Sliders are ment to protect the bike in the event of a fall or tip over and some tests are done on that location specifically where the slider is mounted to take that amount of force.

ajcatx

well my GF tipped her fz6r going up a very steep hill with a turn. She has the shogun sliders and the only damage was the shift lever got bent. We were able to bend it back with no issues.

Insure Gal

I wouldn't know if this would be a good idea but I think it wouldn't.

Sliders are ment to protect the bike in the event of a fall or tip over and some tests are done on that location specifically where the slider is mounted to take that amount of force.

+1

Most sliders are designed to attach to your frame. You don't want to be attaching them anywhere near the engine - if you drop the bike and the slider goes in through the engine it will cost a lot more than replacing a bruised fairing. IMHO.

mchury

see the yamaha sliders that are meant to go threw the fairing use both of the motor mount bolts tho. Because i thought the same thing untill i saw these. But they are like 110 dollars. I wasnt really looking to spend that much.

pyrocpu

Shogun makes two types of sliders: cut-type sliders that are like $35, then no-cut sliders that are about double that.

I *think* fatbikez.com may have both available... My local dealer could get either, and matched the fatbikez.com price on my no-cuts.

MikeN02

Shogun makes two types of sliders: cut-type sliders that are like $35, then no-cut sliders that are about double that.

I *think* fatbikez.com may have both available... My local dealer could get either, and matched the fatbikez.com price on my no-cuts.
He's talking about the cuts but mounting it in a different location than the regular.

mchury

i talked to oemacessories, i think thats what they are called, and they are gonna try to make me a custom set that will mount in that area just not on both mount bolts. Hoping to here good news soon.