Push Or Pull Counter steer

efforex

So i found for myself that counter steering with the hand opposite of the direction i am going works better then trying to do it with the one im leaned towards. So pulling to go right when hanging over the left side of the bike in a right hand turn.

Is this stupid ? can you choose what you want to do or is it safer another way i dont want to learn a bad habit. When i pull instead of solely trying to push to counter steer i feel like i end up with a much smoother turn and lean angle.

kcusscam

I actually find that neither work better for me. If I am going to turn to the right then I simply place a little bit of weight on my right arm and find that the bike will roll into the turn very smoothly. So in short I don't like the push or pull but just the weight on the handle bar will case a "push" that seems to lead the bike much more naturally. I find this works even better since I upgrade my bike to the concours 14 a few weeks ago.

Jeremy

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

efforex

Lee Parker (author of Total Control) says it doesn't matter whether you push or pull. He says no matter what you do it's better to only use one hand as opposed to pulling with one and pushing with the other. When you do that, since it's nearly impossible to use the exact same amount of force with each hand, you're actually fighting yourself. You'll be much smoother if you only use one hand to give the turning input.
Makes sense okay that confirms what i was thinking thanks guys

buzzbomb

Elite Member