Puig windscreen

PhatPhizzixxer

I've been searching / reading the threads about windscreens. I like the Puig. Seems like they have 4 tinting selections: black / blue / smoke / dark smoke. There's no pictures to see the difference between the smoke & dark smoke? Can someone give me a clue about the difference? I want tinted but clear enough to see. I was gonna get the dark smoke but started thinking about it.

Tijeras505

I totally blacked mine out and it works great. It is pretty darn hard for me to get low enough to really look through the windscreen when riding so that was not an issue for me. I have also found that the blacked out windscreen eliminates the sun's glare from the gauges.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Mine too is totally blacked out, and I love it. The only problem is trying to find a suitable place to put a camera, now that I can't put it on the handlebars or tank. :don'tknow:

JSP

Super Moderator
I'm going to paint mine after seeing those of you who have painted yours. They look really good. I can't get my big ass head that low anyway to see through it.

I'm going to strip my stars tonight also when I get home. (probably wont get to the windshield, but I'll try). Got to do the oil too.

Manna69247

Do you have a link of these Puig's. As far as I could find out there is not a Puig for the FZ6R yet. If I'm wrong it will be great because Puigs are tops.

Manna69247

That is wrong. That is for the FZ6. Their site is Motoplastic - PUIG , I check often when they will come out for the FZ6R but they are Italian and I think will look at the European market first - there is Puig's available for the XJ6 and XJ6 Diversion already.

PhatPhizzixxer

That is wrong. That is for the FZ6. Their site is Motoplastic - PUIG , I check often when they will come out for the FZ6R but they are Italian and I think will look at the European market first - there is Puig's available for the XJ6 and XJ6 Diversion already.
Well, I hope it's not wrong. Since I ordered one today, I just now called Knee Draggers & verified that what they have listed there is def for the FZ6r. They said that the picture might not be a pic of the FZ6r motorcycle - since they don't always have the latest bike pics - but the windscreen listed is for the FZ6r bike...just sayin'.

OTTF

FYI I checked with KneeDraggers a couple of weeks ago about the availability but they informed me that they are still in production and would not be available for another couple of months and they were just taking preorders at this time.

If that is not the case let me know I am also looking for one of those.

Root Down

Anyone know the size comparison between the Puig and stock? It is a bubble windscreen right? I'm thinking if its the same size or slightly larger it should block more wind and maybe look a little better.

cbzdel

Doesnt the one on Knee draggers say its a factory replica? I thought I saw that on the site, if that is the case will it be any different that the stock windshield??

Now the Puig double bubble styles are top notch!

Manna69247

Can't wait to see and hear how it feels. The Puig's are very neat and taking from the FZ6 owners, they are very happy with the double bubble screens.:thumbup:

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
Correct on the double bubbles... Puig has yet to release them and the ones available from them are the same shape/form as the stock screen, just tints added.

I had a Puig Racing double bubble on my FZ6 and loved it! I am 5'10" and the wind hit just about at the visor level so a slight duck to escape it. For anyone taller, I'd recommend the Puig touring DB if/when they are available.

Manna69247

Well, I hope it's not wrong. Since I ordered one today, I just now called Knee Draggers & verified that what they have listed there is def for the FZ6r. They said that the picture might not be a pic of the FZ6r motorcycle - since they don't always have the latest bike pics - but the windscreen listed is for the FZ6r bike...just sayin'.
Any feedback on how your screen looks and feel?

PhatPhizzixxer

Any feedback on how your screen looks and feel?
Still waiting on it...:(

But now I'm wondering if I did the right thing...from reading some of the replies, it sounds like I'm just getting the same windscreen, only tinted. I wanted a tinted one as well as one that gave me a bit more wind protection. And, there's no cancellation once you place your order. Hmmmm....

PhatPhizzixxer

Ok - I was worried that I would just be getting the standard windscreen so I checked with KneeDraggers and they verified that I did indeed purchase the Puig racing double-bubble windscreen which is still on backorder. Great to know...I just wish it would come already!!

OTTF

I have also been checking up for this item with other vendors and they are saying it may be in this week. If you get confirmation of yours arriving let us know and I'll also do the same if one of the other sources comes through.

cheapstr

I ordered mine from Puig Windscreen Yamaha FZ6R - Indysuperbikes last month. According to indysuperbike they are on backorder and had an arrival date of 15 September...but as of the 24th they still had an arrival date of 15 September so there's not telling when they will be in stock. It is supposed to be shipped to me when it arrives but they can't give me a definite answer when that will be.

elderproctor

Puig Windscreen buy

A few weeks back I order the Puig windscreen from SoloMoto in black. When we received the order the windscreen is clearly marked Yamaha FZ6R 2009 and it looks great by the way. We take it out of the plastic and immediately you can see that it is not cut for our bike. We still try to line it up and the screw holes are not aligned with the factory's setting. Disappointed because it would look really great if it fit.

Call Solomoto, they confirmed with Puig that there was a problem and they sent me a RA#. I returned it and now they are taking their sweet time in returning my money. They said that they have to get a refund from Puig before they can reimburse me. ?????

Last edited:

FitZ6R

I returned it and now they are taking their sweet time in returning my money. They said that they have to get a refund from Puig before they can reimburse me. ?????
That's BS. :mad: Assuming you paid by credit card, initiate a dispute through your CC company. I predict the vendor will quickly and miraculously discover a way to refund you.