Psa...

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Just an FYI...the FZ6R is capable of lifting the front end. :eek:

Now, let me explain the circumstances. I was on my way home from work and I was sitting at a stop sign. The traffic was clear and I pulled out. While shifting from first to second gear, I "sissy shifted" and found neutral. The engine revved to about 9k rpm and for whatever reason, I stepped on the shifter into first. :spank: This caused the bike to lurch, and the front wheel lifted from the ground about 1-2 inches. :rockon: It didn't last long and was in essence more of a hop.

I told myself I never wanted to stunt the bike, but I guess that was my first wheelie... :rolleyes:

fz6rwolf

It will, I purposely tried in 1st going about 6k, let off and hit up to about 8k and lifted few inches for couple feet. Too chicken to bring it up higher LOL

reiobard

i can wheelie real nice on accident, but if i try then nothing happens because i am too chicken...

S

SovietRobot

Yeah, you'll learn REAL quick not to go back into 1st at redline.
I've found neutral so many times that I've gotten good at shifting into 2nd quickly and keep on going.

One time I thought I was in 3rd, when I was really in 2nd, and I accidently shifted into 1st and grabbed a handful, and wooo that wheel came up, which was scary because I was in a slight corner.

DefyInertia

Standard racers' rule is: when you miss an upshift, attempt shift up one more time.

Don't forget, the rev limiter is electronic, not mechanical.

A

abacall

Don't forget, the rev limiter is electronic, not mechanical.
Just to clarify for some who may not get the implication..

If you're in third at 12k, them shift into second, your engine will jump up to 16K and BOOM goes the engine. :eek:
A buddy learned this the hard way on his cage.

S

sideslider

Just to clarify for some who may not get the implication..

If you're in third at 12k, them shift into second, your engine will jump up to 16K and BOOM goes the engine. :eek:
A buddy learned this the hard way on his cage.
wait - does you cage alos have an electronic rev limiter?

if the fz has a rev limiter than it will stop it from over reving correct?

do all fz models have a rev limiter and to what extent does it work?

jdesiano1

I am pretty sure Our R doesn't have one, does it? LOL

M

madmanmaigret

most modern cars have a rev limiter.

Our rev limiter will stop you from over-revving going up but if you down shift and the bike needs to be a twenty thousand RPM's to match your road speed......it will try it's hardest to get there.... (ie: BAD)

Yes all FZ'6 have a rev limiter even your FZ6R Jess!

But I did hear about one that only had five gears :D :rolleyes: