Plug N Play HID bulb kits

LocoLechero

anyone have any experience with these plug n play HID bulb kits off of AMAZON or E-BAY ?? Not trying to spend 400+ on a full retro fit ( even though they are sick as :D ) just looking for a simple drop n go deal. 35w or 55w? brand? i want bright blue - thinking about using a thin coat of Nite Shades on the front lens also :eek:

buzzbomb

Elite Member

yellolab

My understanding from what I've read is there is no such thing. I'm willing to admit I may be wrong. What I've read suggests that an HID install requires baking the headlight assembly to loosen the glue, separating, cleaning and installing (which may require drilling or cutting) and then re-gluing.

HID's also require a power-unit which has to be tapped in to the power line and affixed somewhere (generally inside a fairing).

The only plug-in-play I'm aware of are different levels of xenon bulbs.
I think the cutting/baking is for projector bulbs.

iaminsider

Can you just put in HID bulbs with ballasts... Yes. Should you... NO. The beam will be very poor and likely lead to less visibility than you have with halogen bulbs.

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

LocoLechero

Think i'm just gonna throw a new bulb from retro fit source in - seeing as rabbitman's not doing retro's anymore ( and i'm lazy) - what wattage bulb should i get 35w or 50w? me thinks a 35w

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

buzzbomb

Elite Member

BustedKnuckle

illegal?......oooops

I have these installed, fit perfectly, minimal wiring, plug and play. I have 6k and the beam pattern is great. The high beam does suck, though I find myself never needing or using it and have it disconnected so instead of a high beam beam switch it now shuts the head light off. Never been pulled over or had complaints from friends I've followed or other motorcycles, but then again install at your own risk.I get my bike back tomorrow from the shop we shall see about pics

OPT7 AC 35W HID Kit Motorcycle 9003 H4 Hi Lo 6000K Blue Light Xenon Conversion | eBay

Last edited: