Please ride safe!

Roaddawg

I just came across this video on Youtube of a FZ6R. Looks like its at a salvage yard. I hope it wasn't anyone's on here, because looking at the damage to the bike, it doesn't look too survivable.

Although we don't know the story of this FZ6R, I thought this video is a good reminder about riding safe, defensively and within your limits.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhQoSzOHcFk]YouTube - 110605 2009 Yamaha FZ6R[/ame]

bmw675

always makes me wonder. when someone on the forum, any really, just quits posting/logging in. you wonder if they sold theres off, or if something like this happens, and we will never know about it.

stevet

Thanks Roaddawg for the sobbering reminder. Whether it's our fault or someone elses an accident is bad and can take the fun out of everything. I had a close call yesterday when a cager pulled out in front of me and I skidded towards them for 30 feet brakes full on trying to avoid a collision. I never new until the last second if I'd make it or not. Thank God nothing happened but I rode much more cautiously afterwards and considered myself really lucky. Ride safely everyone.

MikeN02

At least it's good that they're alive. Looks like they could still salvage some parts off of it for a bit of cash.

Speedv1

always makes me wonder. when someone on the forum, any really, just quits posting/logging in. you wonder if they sold theres off, or if something like this happens, and we will never know about it.
There was an event like that on a BMW M5 Forum. Reports came in of a bad crash involving a BMW M5, people started to connect dots on the forum and they kind of deduced that it was this one user (who was not heard from since). I mean there have been many people who have experienced a loss of a friend, and it's amazing to see how much a forum of people who may well have NEVER met and never will care about each other.

But yes, I too agree that it's lucky they survived that. It must have been one hell of a crash.

Ride safe everyone, and remember, you vs. car =... yeah.

sammy56

wow. That looks rough.

6R Blackout

Speachless

Wow that made my heart drop when I saw it. I turned the sound up and it sounded like the person filming was crying a bit, so if I had to guess it was not a good outcome. I feel really humbled to see that video. It can all happen so fast. Thank you Roaddawg for posting that as a reminder to all of us here on the forum. Your right Ride safe. It makes you think. It really makes u think.

Kspalla

look out for eachother... im in it for the long haul as im sure most of you are, and we try to be safe... you just never know what the other person is gonna do

Roaddawg

At least it's good that they're alive. Looks like they could still salvage some parts off of it for a bit of cash.
This was filmed by a motorcycle salvage auction NOT the owner. They have other videos of crashed bikes. I think the guy filming works there and just had a running nose...not crying. So, we don't really know who's it is. Someone in California looking at the plate.

WANDERER

yes, thanks for your concern and I'm sure it is very much appreciated by everyone here." ride within your limits "

Detrich

^^ oh i c... the sniffling just added to the dramatic effect.

PWJ

i crashed on my minibike going about 20-30 through a turn October 9th. I was stupid and partied with some people where we decided to take it out for a couple of laps. Had an ulnar collateral thumb injury with a fractured bone on my right hand. Ive had surgery on it, a cast and now am going through physical therapy for my thumb. After that slow and small of a crash i cannot imagine what it would be like to crash on the 6r. It's scary to think how quickly it all can go bad. Knowing your limits is a third of it, knowing your rides limit is a third of it and using smart judgment is the last third. I never want to experience anything like this again. My dominant hand suffered from this and it affected my life for the past 2 months. It's funny because you think you can watch all the videos, prepare yourself for it and think that it will never happen to you. Truth is that once it does happen to you do you finally respect it.