Please Help...Wheelies

Chaos

Ok so me and my buddy have been out practicing clutch wheelies. I am gettin very frustrated with this. He can pull power and clutch wheelies and I have yet to get the wheel off the ground.

What I'm doin. 15 - 20 mph pull the clutch, rpms go to 6000, i let go of the clutch and I get nothin. I am worried that if I give it to much power that im gonna flip it. for all of you experienced riders, any advice would be nice.

Spunky99

NO:rolleyes:

Chaos

oh yeah, read that over and over, plus a ton of stuff on youtube. I just can't seem to do it. grrr

Mart Man FZ6R

Ok so me and my buddy have been out practicing clutch wheelies. I am gettin very frustrated with this. He can pull power and clutch wheelies and I have yet to get the wheel off the ground.

What I'm doin. 15 - 20 mph pull the clutch, rpms go to 6000, i let go of the clutch and I get nothin. I am worried that if I give it to much power that im gonna flip it. for all of you experienced riders, any advice would be nice.

:D Just messin with ya bro.

Jim, you've got to give her more power. You can also try going a little slower when you rev it up and dump the cluthc. I weigh 250l lbs. and I've clutched mine up. Got to make sure you're DUMPING the clutch and not slipping it.

FZJ

You should be able to pop the front with 6000 rpms. I got mine to the balance point at 9000. I'm practicing too but just make sure you go up little by little. And what the other guy said too! Make sure you dump the clutch not slip it. You'll get it it just takes practice.

bmw675

i too have never gotten mine off the ground, but i have never deliberately tried. although, my front tire seems to feel lighter under hard acceleration in 2nd gear over 1st. makes me wonder if its possible in 2nd gear.

Chaos

Spunky99

If you take off fast and really tweak the throttle, the front wheel will come off the ground 6" and stay there when you shift into second gear if you are doing it right.

stuna

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0C8VgUkNnsY]YouTube - Fastest Motorcycle Wheelie Ever(WORLD RECORD)[/ame]

scoobienorth

had a few wheelies on mine, most were at 8-9000rpm launches and rolled to wide open throttle and let the clutch out to quickly, as for rolling wheelie, got to really rev it up, rolling at 10 mph like 9000+rpm and really crack the throttle open when the clutch gets dumped.

Funkmaxtor

Start by doing power wheelies. Pull out like normal, come up to around 7K close the throttle all the way shift your weight back on the seat and crack the throttle all the way open. The front wheel will come up. I've had my to the balance point doing this several times. Problem with power wheelies you can't easily ride them out because you will need to shift into second gear quickly if you want to keep the wheel up.

However you can clutch a wheelie in second gear if you really try. It isn't easy by any means with this bike. Pull out like normal accelerate to about 20mph pull in the clutch just a little till it starts to slip. Then shift your weight back, rev up to about 9K and dump the clutch.

On a side note stand up wheelies are generally easier to do but feel awkward when you are learning. I'm still trying to get used to doing stand up wheelies.

Be safe while doing this. Don't do it out on the street! Find an empty parking lot that you won't be arrested in!

pyrocpu

Interesting video!
191mph wheelie?

I'd be concerned about STAYING on the bike, just riding it, without fairings or anything!

ME_with_a_B

0:35 all business up front and PARTY IN THE REAR!!! :iconbeer: :rockon: :Flash: :smoking:
:jawdrop: :Flip: :spank: :rof: :banghead: :thumbup:
Bahahahahahaha! It took me a few times watching to figure out what you were talking about... :rockon:

Roaddawg

I'm totally with the Swede guy on the "proper" wheelie. The English guy pulling the front of the ground one foot for ten feet is not what the "fastest wheelie" record should be about. I think that Swede blew the English guy out of the water with his wheelies! Especially when he pulled the wheelie through all the gears and broke the other guys previous record. :thumbup: