Plate removal

tatty2012

I had jaw reconstructive surgery back in Feb. 2010. This was done for sleep apnea that I had.

A couple weeks ago I started getting some pain in part of my upper jaw. The pain was coming from an area where one of the metal plates they used for the surgery. Had to make a trip to my Oral Surgeon, because I was freaking out a bit. He informed me that some of the bone grew back somewhat out of shape which was pushing the plate out causing pain and discomfort. :eek:

Well, had a minor surgery today to have the plate removed. Doing pretty good right now for just having a 1" - 1.5" incision made between my cheek and gum...

Here are some pics of an xray of my jaws and the one of the plate and screws they removed today.

In total I had 7 plates and 30 screws. Now I have 6 plates and 26 screws.

(this was taken before I had my braces removed):

the plate and screws:

When I get a chance I will take a pic of the plate and screws to show there relative size. (And yes, I got to keep them!!!!)

JSP

Super Moderator
I had jaw reconstructive surgery back in Feb. 2010. This was done for sleep apnea that I had.

A couple weeks ago I started getting some pain in part of my upper jaw. The pain was coming from an area where one of the metal plates they used for the surgery. Had to make a trip to my Oral Surgeon, because I was freaking out a bit. He informed me that some of the bone grew back somewhat out of shape which was pushing the plate out causing pain and discomfort. :eek:

Well, had a minor surgery today to have the plate removed. Doing pretty good right now for just having a 1" - 1.5" incision made between my cheek and gum...

Here are some pics of an xray of my jaws and the one of the plate and screws they removed today.

In total I had 7 plates and 30 screws. Now I have 6 plates and 26 screws.

(this was taken before I had my braces removed):

the plate and screws:

When I get a chance I will take a pic of the plate and screws to show there relative size. (And yes, I got to keep them!!!!)

Glad to hear you doin good man! :D

Fulkon

Dang thats rough dude. The xray looks wicked! Hope you have a speedy recovery

6R Blackout

Glad to here your doing so well that seems it would be more painful.

tatty2012

Dang thats rough dude. The xray looks wicked! Hope you have a speedy recovery
Isn't the drag awesome?! I actually have a copy of it framed and hanging on my bedroom wall. I'm sure I will have a speedy recovery, thanks!

Glad to here your doing so well that seems it would be more painful.
The original surgery was very painful. Liquid diet for 3-4 months. This one was nothing compared to the first!