Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa

Superfly

Went to watch the canadian superbike race at mosport and while walking around the pits saw a team selling used track tires. They had a set from an race SV650 that matched the FZ6R perfectly and were pretty much brand new. I think around 40 laps or so. They are Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa. I knew nothing about them but I couldnt pass up a set of tires for 60 bucks cash. Then I see them on the internet when I get home and they are around 300 each LOL...so for 10 % the cost I'll be putting these on once the stockers are finished...prob another 5000km or so.

I figured the wet running would be sketchy but other than that it seems that users like them alot on the street or track. I got an SC1 supersoft front and an SC2 soft rear. That was the setup on their SV650 I guess.

Anyone have any experience with these tires?

On an aside I demo'd a CBR600 and a CBR1000.

Lets just say after 30 mins on the 600 I was grinning ear to ear and thought thats what I would buy next. Then after 30 mins on the 1000 I now know why everyone into sportbikes ends up with a Liter bike. That is one absolutely amazing machine. People told me that its going to scare the shit out of me and that its going to pop wheelies everywhere...well it didnt scare me at all and the few wheelies I pulled were so smooth I didnt even know the front was in the air...my buddy told me he saw it happening. Both had amazing handling and feel but the 600 needed to be over 9000 all the time whereas the 1000 can pull hard from pretty much everywhere and its shocking the acceleration. No machine I ever been in or on can accelerate like that...just awesome:D

Ok so back to the tires...:p