pin stripes on helmet

Yay or Nay?

• Yay :)

Votes: 34 94.4%
  • Nay :(

Votes: 2 5.6%

• Total voters

Shake

After I pinstriped my wheels I had some extra...so I started messing around with it on my helmet. I have only done part of it to see if I like the look. What do you guys think? Yay or Nay?

Spunky99

After I pinstriped my wheels I had some extra...so I started messing around with it on my helmet. I have only done part of it to see if I like the look. What do you guys think? Yay or Nay?
Nice.....Excellent idea

Stephenfz6r

Have you already posted pictures of your wheels or are they still to come?:eek:

creggur

I must admit when I read the title to this thread I had an immediate, "oh no" reaction and expected to find major cheesiness...

Gotta tell you, that looks pretty damn sweet! Not gaudy and matches the bike quite nicely...I say go for it.

redwing-2001

very nice.
just enough to tie everything together.
are those pinstripes retro-reflective?

ME_with_a_B

are those pinstripes retro-reflective?
I was going to ask the same thing. I have some tape left over from when I striped my rims and I've been thinking about putting it on the back of my jacket or helmet since it's hella reflective, but I thought it would look cheesy so I haven't done anything with it yet.

But I think the way Shake did the helmet looks pretty rad. :thumbup:

Shake

Stephen, here is the rim link http://www.600cc.org/forum/f89/pin-striping-wheels-great-tip-19897/
Thank you all for the feedback. The tape I currently have is not reflective, just yellow. After I went to the store and bought and applied the stripes on my wheels my wife reminded me that she works for a company that deals with 3M and informed me that she can get it for less that 50% of what I paid :banghead: . So anyway I am having my wife look into some reflective stripes that are the same size....but one thing that I really like about it is the fact that it is removeable with a little effort...so if I get a diff bike or get sick of it I can just take it off and get a different color.
Ill post pics when I get it all done.

Shake

Finally got it done. The reflective stripes I have found so far are 1/4 in and the ones I am using are 1/8 in. So I am going to have to keep looking for reflective stripes, but I think they came out pretty good.

creggur

Damn fine job, Shake! That turned out really, really well - I like it:thumbup:

b_who

that came out crazy good i was suprised
u should make a how to ;) haha

Detrich

it looks really good- the way that you applied it... nice job :)

however, generally-speaking, i think most ppl, if they pin striped their helmet it might look off or a bit overdone.

thatklutzychick

That looks sweet Shake! I'm getting ready to put a vinyl pattern on my currently plain wine red helmet. You've given me hope I'm not going to completely mess it up! Lol

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

Shake

Thanks for all the comments guys.

thatklutzychick- good luck on your project. Post some pics when you finish! I wish I had some tips to share to make it easier....the only thing I can think of is take your time. :thumbup: