Performance numbers for FZ6R

MNDZA

Does anyone have an estimate on 0-60 and 1/4 mile times for the FZ6R?

DefyInertia

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWer than the FZ6 :D

No really, I would guess around 12 seconds...faster than 90% of the cars on the road and faster than most bikes too.

C

CravenMoorhead

The HP difference between the FZ6R and FZ6 at the rear wheel (same day, conditions and dyno) on a dyno graphic I saw on the internet was 18hp. It did not display the torque on the graph and I have not seen a torque dyno graphic anywhere.

Can anyone provide a link to the torque curve/value for an FZ6R preferable next to the FZ6 under the same conditions? I'd like to see the "greater low and mid range" tune difference mentioned in all of the written reviews.

W

WMU_BRONCO

I would also like to see a HP and Torque curve of the FZ6R superimposed over a FZ6 curve so we can see if Yamaha really did increase the low end torque, or if the FZ6R engine is just a neutered FZ6. If they actually did improve the low RPM performance, I might be interested.

P

Pimpson

I wouldn't mind seeing a graph of the FZ6/FZ6R/R6 all superimposed on each other. I'm curious exactly where the FZ6 makes more power/Torque as opposed to the R6 motor it was modified from.

MNDZA

I found this online yesterday. They're supposed to be the European equivalents to US bikes.

MNDZA

So.....anyone come up with anything yet?

MNDZA

Thanks, but I was actually looking for 1/4 mile and 0-60 times for the FZ6R.

fuzzylogic

well the performance figures for the SV650 are 1/4 mile 11.82 sec @ 106.02 mph (170.62 km/h) & 0-60 mph 3.65 sec

the kawi 650r clocks in at 12.06 sec @ 108.79 mph (175.08 km/h) 3.84 sec for 0-60.

admittedly our bike isn't the same as these (it has more power/a bit less torque and it weighs a bit more) but the performance figures should be in the same ball park which is to say its faster than 99% of the cars available to the public.

H

hiway

Yeah, the only stock (without mods) car I know of that is somewhat common would be a '05 or later Corvette ZO6, which can barely beat those times.

phantomxc

Once my bike has a 1000 miles on it, I think I'm going to take it to a local strip to test it out. Of course I have no drag experience so these times might not be accurate.

DefyInertia

Thanks, but I was actually looking for 1/4 mile and 0-60 times for the FZ6R.
ooops. Well, now you're peaked my interest.

Just for fun, I'll guess 12.2 @ 108

Once my bike has a 1000 miles on it, I think I'm going to take it to a local strip to test it out. Of course I have no drag experience so these times might not be accurate.
I really need to get out to the strip one of these days just for kicks.

MNDZA

ooops. Well, now you're peaked my interest.

Just for fun, I'll guess 12.2 @ 108

I really need to get out to the strip one of these days just for kicks.
Wow you were pretty close! Cycleworld put some numbers in the June issue:
0-60 mph 3.8 seconds
1/4-mile 12.26 @ 106.93

So using these results, I estimate that anyone who bought a Raven FZ6R should be around 11.1 seconds for the 1/4-mile. Wow, that means with my flushmounts, I have a ten second bike!

xplodnstar

So using these results, I estimate that anyone who bought a Raven FZ6R should be around 11.1 seconds for the 1/4-mile. Wow, that means with my flushmounts, I have a ten second bike!
Does this mean that Jess and I have 9.5 sec bikes?

:p

K2jer

I'm going to the track this weekend as I'm a crew chief for a couple drag racing teams. if the weather holds up maybe I'll make a pass and see what mine can do.