PCV setting Accel pump

travisH3

is this feature needed? I was just going to download Marthy's map and not mess with any of the numbers...point being I have no idea what I'm doing and don't want to ruin the bike
No I've drove without this for 3k miles on his maps. This is only if you want an added boost in performance

travisH3

So I changed the throttle position to 60%, duration to 300 and kept the 16%. Im not sure if I felt much difference? I want to slowly increase the duration because i didnt want to go straight to 900 and be caught off guard. Is this gonna make the bike power wheelie? Ive never really tried to power wheelie but the bike doesnt feel like its gonna lift when i go full throttle. Im lowered in the front also so that helps keep it down too.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

SixRFixR

Any duration more than a second is taking this function beyond emulation of an accelerator pump. Richer than the lean factory settings is good, but only to a point. The general fuel map should take care of this. Adding even more fuel through the accelerator pump function will not give you any more power if your fuel map is correct.

engineered2win

Any duration more than a second is taking this function beyond emulation of an accelerator pump. Richer than the lean factory settings is good, but only to a point. The general fuel map should take care of this. Adding even more fuel through the accelerator pump function will not give you any more power if your fuel map is correct.
Completely correct. The pcv accel enrichment functions very similarly to a carb. It's pretty crude compared to any decent standalone, but it works nonetheless. This function is ONLY for transient throttle position. This should be functioning for a fraction of a second, while the throttle blades are rapidly moving. The rapid change in charge flow can cause a lean condition. This should not be a bandaid for a poorly tuned fuel map. 8 seconds of accel enrichment is absurd. Either your fuel maps are too lean, or you are overly enriching.

travisH3

I was doing this for a boost in power because others recommended it and saw a power increase. ive messed with it and it hasnt caused any change in power that i can notice really. I guess ill just turn it off so i dont hurt anything if you guys are saying its not good to do.

ST3RL0

I was doing this for a boost in power because others recommended it and saw a power increase. ive messed with it and it hasnt caused any change in power that i can notice really. I guess ill just turn it off so i dont hurt anything if you guys are saying its not good to do.
I was doing the same, but now have it back to proper values

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

travisH3

I was doing the same, but now have it back to proper values

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
:confused: my local dealer does live dyno tuning, wonder if its worth it or if id see any improvement over marthys maps. I dont need more power but heck its fun to have it if needed

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

SixRFixR

I tried 25% throttle, 50 duration and 18% this past weekend. This function helps throttle response. It's no magic power button. You know how it feels when you have too much free play in your throttle (or the factory recommended free play)? There's a fraction of a second of hesitation when you goose the throttle. The accelerator pump function gets rid of that.

travisH3

I tried 25% throttle, 50 duration and 18% this past weekend. This function helps throttle response. It's no magic power button. You know how it feels when you have too much free play in your throttle (or the factory recommended free play)? There's a fraction of a second of hesitation when you goose the throttle. The accelerator pump function gets rid of that.
I changed mine to the same as yours and went out for a ride. rode 113 miles and felt no difference. I think im just gonna turn the accel pump off because no matter what i change it to it doesnt feel any different