PCV help

jtostenr

Looks like one of the problems was that the connector did not cut all the way through the insulation. I fixed it and checked everything with my multimeter, but still it just says 0 for speed and gear. I wonder if I am using the wrong wire....

I took some pics, does it look like it is connected correctly?

Attachments

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

jtostenr

Looks to be correct ( it's a pink wire you're spliced to, correct?). You are also in the right port on the PCV. I'll have to hook mine to my laptop and check mine to see what kind of reading I get. Only thing I can think it that you still don't have a good tap (connection). Not sure what else it could be.
Yep, it's the pink one. I guess I will just get rid of the connector and solder the wire on. Actually, I might try measuring the voltage at the end of the wire, where it goes into the PCV, first. Any idea what I should expect?

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

jtostenr

Yep, I have adv gear rev b loaded as well as the touring map. I soldered the speed sensor wire today, but didn't make a difference.

I sent an email to Dynojet support, so we'll see what they say.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

jtostenr

Heard back from Dynojet support this morning. They're saying that it looks like I have connected to the MAP sensor and not the speed sensor. Strange because I connected there based on a video someone from the forum posted (and apparently that worked fine). I'll take another look at it tonight.

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member
Last edited:

jtostenr

ok, good to know. The PCV documentation says to use the pink wire on the 3-wire white connector under the tank. I thought that this 3-wire black connector was the other end of that, but I guess not. I've looked for the white connector before, but have not seen it.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

jtostenr

It's working :)

So, I was using the wrong wire. After some searching, I found the connector under the tank inside a black rubber boot. It is a pink wire in a white 3-wire connector as the manual states.

It was nice to finally see the speed and gear reading in the software. I did the calibration at 35mph...not sure how sensitive it is, but I think I kept it pretty close to that. I didn't mess with the gear ratio settings yet, hopefully the defaults are close enough for now.

I've attached a couple of pics that will hopefully help the next guy trying to do this.

Now if I ever get around to installing the autotuner, I'll try a MAP sensor :)

Attachments