Passenger seat upgrade q

2wheelie

Did anyone do or bought a better passenger seat then the stock one? I ride often with wife, and after like an hour riding I have to stop cas her behind hurts.
Any cures?

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

Superzoom

The passenger seat is truly sadistic. I got another Airhawk seat cushion, like Nastybutler. Went from painful to OK.

2wheelie

My wife and I have gone down to the shore and further without her behind hurting. Sometimes her back hurts though. I would suggest you try strapping some memory foam type material to the rear seat to make sure that helps, because if it doesn't help you might be wasting money on a replacement seat.

BTW, where in NJ are you? We're in S. Plainfield.
I'm in Sayreville.
The memory foam can probably help. I should check for it in some stores.
When on vacation in Spain, we renter the F650GS. I didn't like the bike in general, but the passenger seat was very good.
For some reason the manufacturers neglecting the rear seat on a street bikes.

applejax

I'm in Sayreville.
The memory foam can probably help. I should check for it in some stores.
When on vacation in Spain, we renter the F650GS. I didn't like the bike in general, but the passenger seat was very good.
For some reason the manufacturers neglecting the rear seat on a street bikes.
Sayreville is like 10 minutes from where I live! Im in manalapan!

BKP

I've tried sheepskin, good; Airhawk, better. Perhaps you should take a look at Corbin, or Russell day-long seats. I'm looking at Russell myself.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

2wheelie

I've tried sheepskin, good; Airhawk, better. Perhaps you should take a look at Corbin, or Russell day-long seats. I'm looking at Russell myself.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Ok. Thanks.
Let me know if you'll find something decant.

Superzoom

Hi BKP.

If you go the Russell route, can you do a write up and review of the whole process and results? It would be much appreciated.

buzzbomb

Elite Member