part question.

sbhoopsfan

I have attached an image and circled the part im looking for, i let someone ride the bike and they dropped it the only damage was to this part, can i get a replacement for it?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

bmw675

crankcase cover. appears to be about $75

parts list

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

sbhoopsfan

better get the gasket while your at it...
Is it physically damaged or just cosmetic? If it's just cosmetic... just get a can of paint and cover it...
Its just cosmetic, so was just looking to replace that part if possible.

JSP

Super Moderator
Like dart said, if you replace that, you should replace the gasket as well.

sbhoopsfan

Like dart said, if you replace that, you should replace the gasket as well.
with the above link is the gasket #021?
not too sure about this stuff.

Thanks

bmw675

with the above link is the gasket #021?
not too sure about this stuff.

Thanks
no, the gasket they were referring to would be #2. and depending on the damage, if any of the bolts (#4) or the clamp (#6) is damaged, those might be on your list as well.

gcskimmer3

guess you learned not to let anyone else ride your bike... my new favorite response is "get your own"... they normally shut up then...lol

sbhoopsfan

no, the gasket they were referring to would be #2. and depending on the damage, if any of the bolts (#4) or the clamp (#6) is damaged, those might be on your list as well.
the damage is not that bad just a scrape, but i hate imperfections :(
What is the reason i need to change the gasket as well? just curious

Last edited:

bmw675

the damage is not that bad just a scrape, but i hate imperfections :(
What is the reason i need to change the gasket as well? just curious
2 reasons i can think of. 1. high chance of the gasket getting stuck to both pieces and tearing.
2. the old has been compressed and might not give a good seal in some spots when the old cover is removed and the new is put on.

if your going to pull the cover off, might as well have the gasket on hand just in case. you dont want to pull the cover off and then realize you need a new gasket too, and then have to wait for that to be ordered.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member