Ohio... no helmet law

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Detrich

what if u don't know how to pop a wheelie yet? does that count as a snub? :headscratch: :lol: i'd be unintentionally snubbing a lotta peeps then... hahaha

Back To Reality

Pennsylvania has the same flavor of law, and I think maybe Florida does as well.

If you are caged, you gotta put on the seatbelt, but if you are riding, you can leave the helmet at home.

Makes no sense.

Of course, even though I wear a lid all the time when riding, I happen to think it should be a personal choice, as in...personal responsibility. An exercise in natural selection. But then, I also think the same thing about seatbelts.

A little common sense here.

Sage

Illinois is the same way,

Click it or Ticket but no need for a helmet if you don't want to

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

MC#4

well dart, (hey i used to have a 74 dart!), I feel the insurance companies are the biggest (insert expletive here) on the face of the earth. I personally do wear a helmet 100% of the time although I feel it should be a personal choice. With the rates these insurance companies charge I should be allowed to ride around in my underwear.

I like the natural selection idea. I mean WTF, this is America, where a mexican can get a job and live here illegally then get pardoned yada yada yada, but If I get caught wearing a seatbelt I gotta pay $75!!! I am sick of these "nanny laws", People need to fend for themselves. No more welfare, no more illegals, no more bullshit.

Sorry for the rant, I just gotta vent sometimes.

Last edited:

husker525

Colorado is the same way, Click it or Ticket in your cage, but no helmet laws. I prefer to wear my helmet, but I don't really want the man to oppress me if I choose not to have it on.

Here is the funny part. Anyone on a motorcycle or scooter must have eye protection on at all times. The law doesn't say that the eye protection must NOT be tinted at night. Is it not just as dangerous or more dangerous to wear tinted sunglasses at night?

It feels like I can outrun my stock headlight at over 25 mph, I cannot even imagine what that would be like wearing sunglasses at night....lol

columbus2382

nope no helmet law here in ohio

MikeN02

For Florida I can vouch that we have the same laws.

Click it or ticket for cagers, if you're under 21 you have a under 21 plate, and have to wear a helmet. Over 21 you have to have eye protection at least but you have to have at least $10,000 in medical insurance for no helmet.

Friend just got a ticket the other day for not wearing a helmet/eye protection.

As for wheelies, I don't see many people doing it, first time was a cbr fireblade next to me at a light.

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member