In-A-Pinch Tire Repair Travel Kit

sti491

Thought I would give this a try to carry in my tail pack. They come with either C02 cartridge or an electric pump that connects to your Battery Tender plug; I went that route. The 2 kits weighed pretty close, although this one is bulkier. Neither would have fit under my seat with my PC5 and alarm. Possibly the C02 kit would fit if you didn't have all the crap under there that I already do. With the C02 kit, you are one inflate & done. I figured with the pump, if I didn't want to pay $1 to use a gas station pump I could use this instead pretty easy when traveling overnight.

I basically do not plug tires. Just not something I've done, being a patch purist. However, traveling far from home on a bike, I thought this made sense, as long as you have room for it somewhere. Just before I got my Metzeler's, I picked up a tack in my front tire... so, it happens!

Anyone ever used one of these on the road?

...on a separate note, just got my all black custom length Galfer SS lines. I'm super psyched to get them on the bike! They even included a very cool Tee Shirt. Nice!

Attachments

MrFrzZ

A) Looks like a nice little kit... Definitely worth keeping to bail you out in a jam

B) that's BS... I didnt get a shirt....but i guess i didnt order directly from them either...... Red would have looked pretty good too against that black. :p

You guys seriously getting snow today??

sti491

A) Looks like a nice little kit... Definitely worth keeping to bail you out in a jam

B) that's BS... I didnt get a shirt....but i guess i didnt order directly from them either...... Red would have looked pretty good too against that black. :p

You guys seriously getting snow today??
We have had 3 snows this year! This is just a dusting, not really sticking since the ground wasn't frozen.

I think Sandro at Galfer felt sorry for me because I jumped through hoops with MotoSport to buy them there, to get free shipping, and in the end MotoSport refused to do my custom length order... so Galfer steeped up and really came through!

I thought about some accent color, red being the best, but in the end went with triple black: lines, banjos and bolts... quadruple black if you count the tee shirt!

Last edited: